My 210 custom acrylic tank build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Water test is done. Had a couple minor leaks but that was easlily fixed. They were the fitting on the sumps. Had extra gaskets to put on both sides and a little silicone for added insurance. All else was AWESOME. That OM8 is killer. Love the effects. I will be adding some length to the loclines and mabe split a couple once empty. I will probably start the aquascaping later in the week or even weekend. SO far I am pleased with everything. Tons of flow. oh on another note. That reeflo hammer head is dead quiet compaired to the iwaki 100rlt thats on my return. I had to actually touch the reeflo to check if it was running after plugging in the iwaki.

here are some pics of the water test today

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Well I am hoping to start stacking Rock and get her filled tomarrow. I re did my loclines with some ys and made them longer. Did not really like the short ones I had in there during test. This should make the flow a little better. I am hoping to be able to hide alot
of the plumbing bur we will see. Next is I need to get another small cabinet made to match the stand to house my calcium reactor, chiller, ozone, and all my supplies.

Well, I have been working on the tank since 10am this morning and she has come alive. I got all the rock stacked, sand in, water in and am in the process of fine tuning the drains. ugh. I think I need to bring the water level a little higher in the coast to coast as I keep getting that spilling sound. I am happy with the closed loop as the hammerhead is dead quiet how ever I am not at all happy with the iwaki 100. its ALOT louder than the hammerhead. so much so that you cannot here the hammerhead. I am maybe going to rethink this and try another reeflo. I will post some more pics one tank clears. Its really cold and cloudy right now but its getting alot clearer.

I am not happy with the iwaki at all. i have a coralife turbo sea 1740 that seams to be quieter so i am going to swap them out and see. what a pain in the arse. lol. got the drains fixed as it seem quieter now that i raised them a couple more inches.

update. After removing the iwaki and setting up the coralife I tightened the ballvalve too much and broke it. treading it on the pump. LOL. Had wife stop at the plumbing store on her way home to get me a new one. SO after that I finally got the coralife running and what a difference that was. like night and day compaired to the iwaki. so after what seem like forever she is finally breathing life. Friday I will work on some of the electrical to get it all cleaned up. Then I need to have a cabinet made to house the chiller, calcium reactor, ozone and supplies. I did pick up a phosban and might get that set up to so its ready later down the road. Here are some updated pics.
002-1.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007-1.jpg

got the calcium reactor going along with the ozone unit. Water paramiters are great. calcium is at 380 and climbing and the orp is a 330 and climbing. tank is crystal clear. Not to sure if my chiller will be able to keep up with the tank as it seems to be on for a while before it shuts off so I might be upgrading to a 1/2 hp chiller. I am currently using a 1/3 aqualogic drop in. So if there is anyone selling a 1/2 hp let me know.

Last edited:
here are some pics of my corals doing well i'd say.
green brain feeding
122.jpg

austrailian pink hammer feeding
130.jpg

pipe organ
129.jpg

another pipe organ
128.jpg

red brain feeding
125.jpg

green zoanthids?
124.jpg

starpolyps
116.jpg

elephant ears
118.jpg

pom poms
111.jpg

thnaks. I will be placing an order maybe next week for some fish and corals. Looking to get a couple sps. want to get some acros going. and need a tang or two.

looks good nice set up thats for sure. whats the difference you see in the 2 pumps coralife and iwaki. reason I ask I have 2 iwaki's for closed loops on my 240 but may order a couple darts instead.

Back