My 234gal start

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Dalbery

Saltwater Nut
Hello,
I'm just too excited right now and had to share this with someone!! I just made a deal on a 234 gallon glass tank. It's dimensions are 60Lx30wx30d . I will be picking it up on Monday. It has a steel base with wood. Has a rear center overflow with a 2" drain and 2 1" return lines. It also comes with a 75 gallon sump.
I'm pretty sure I'll be going with a reeflo pump or 2. I don't have a clue yet on what skimmer I'm going to use. The fella I'm buying it from said he used 3 250watt 10k halides over it and had real good luck growing sps. So I'll probably be going with 3 250watt 15k metal halides for lighting.
I only plan on having LPS and fish in this tank. I was really happy to find a tank with these dimensions. Once I have it home and cleaned up I'll start trying to post pictures.
So the hunt is on for more live rock, a couple heaters, a good skimmer, pumps, and lights. I think this is a nice small step up from my 34 gallon Solana that I currently have. My poor little fishies are going to be lost with all this room!!

Thanks for listening, I'm starting to feel better.

Darrell

I just got my tank home and unloaded. It was a 600 mile round trip. I will need to give it a good cleaning and do some work on the stand. Hopefully it will be inside by Friday. At that time I'll start taking pictures. I have a Reef Octopus extreme3000 skimmer on the way and a reeflo dart on the way. I may have found 3 250watt de pendants and ballasts. I have bought about 160lbs of Jakarta live rock to start with. Everything seems to be falling into place way too smoothly. Let's hope the tank doesn't leak :)

Last edited:
So here's my start. The tank is on my messy porch and I just got it cleaned.
234gal1.JPG

234gal.JPG

Last edited:
Let's try this picture thing again

So here's my start. The tank is on my messy porch and I just got it cleaned.

Tanks in the house

Here's the tank in it's final resting spot. And there's my little princess. This tank is for her!! I measured the glass thickness and this monster is built out of 3/4" thick glass. It is freakin heavy. I hope to start putting water in it this weekend. I should be picking up 3 250watt metal halide pendants this weekend. I bought an Octopus shimmer and I'm waiting for a reeflo dart to be shipped to me. It should be here early next week. I'm hoping to have liverock in it next weekend.

234inside.JPG

234inside1.JPG

234inside2.JPG

Update. The tank is all plumbed. Its filled with water. I just got done putting my Live rock in. Once the water clears I'll get some pics up. I still need to hang my 3 250watt halide pendants and hook up my RK2. I should have that done tomorrow. Woo-Hoo !!

Peace to the Middle East.
Here's the tank in it's final resting spot. And there's my little princess. This tank is for her!! I measured the glass thickness and this monster is built out of 3/4" thick glass. It is freakin heavy. I hope to start putting water in it this weekend. I should be picking up 3 250watt metal halide pendants this weekend. I bought an Octopus shimmer and I'm waiting for a reeflo dart to be shipped to me. It should be here early next week. I'm hoping to have liverock in it next weekend.

234inside.JPG

234inside1.JPG

234inside2.JPG

Nice pics

I disagree, your pics look great. Your doing better than my wife and I. I get the image to NOT show glare or a reflection.

Also, your rock arrangement seems very natural and balanced. Great work, your fish will many interesting hiding places and room to roam.

Thank you. I scaped it to give tons of holes for the fish to swim through. That's proving to be a pain. I have an evil powder grey Tang I'm trying to catch and he is winning!! I have a trap in the tank now but it's not looking promising. Maybe one day you can come check it out.

Thanks Marlin,
I need to figure out how to take better pics of the tank. My cycle is over and the algae is 90% gone. I really scored on this Jakarta liverock. It is so porous and has so many caves. I have my fish and some frogspawn,hammer, and anenomes residing in it now. One of these weekends when your bored you're more than welcome to come see.

Back