my 240

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tamarindthai

my 240 is getting start tank over flowbox(thank you Big T)water movement 4 tunze,becket skimmer9thanks reef fan),i should get them wet by this week end..

Last edited:
I am not sure I understand but are you making an acrylic overflow with 4 tunze's in the same direction that looks good I made an acrylic coast to coast inside a glass tank that has a drilled back wall seems to work o.k. so far ? Anyway I am glad to see this are progressing for you and seemingly fast :)
Paul

i will turn this tank arounded,,will see through all 3 sides just like my sps tank in the restaurant,but this one without stand overflow and stand return pipe,return will come out from the over flow box and i will have 1--3/4"sea whirl on the other end of the tank sweep through against the tunze flow..,to much flow maybe?
lighting will be 4 -400w mh/VHO 03. or T5??

Looks great Dang. Sounds like a very fun project. Let me know if any of your wonderful corals needs to be babysat.

Mat

To much flow? not as long as it's not lamanar flow :) Sounds awesome Can't wait to see it all together when you get around to finishing it :)
Paul

thank you ,Paul,,will pick up the special glass/plastic addhesive EV6000 from tap plastic tomorrow,glue the over flow to the end tank glass,,then plumbing start,,hopefully leak test by the week end.

ev6000 wow never tried that stuff mine was much small less weight I just used sylicone and pvc pipe to help hold it in place. Let us know how it does :)

hey Dang, what for dinner friday or saturday? i have a few deals going on in the area and want to try your restaurant and see your tank in person! do you frag out of that tank? i saw in other post you offered something but didnt know if it was from that tank or just a one-time thing?

Looks like a nice start so far Dang! I wish you the best setting it up. We all know it will just simply rock when it's done!!!:)

Dang Dang... your tank will be wet before mine! I will be down in a few days to see your reef (and you of course!)

yes,come on down
did anyone know anything about E6000 glass/plastic addhesive in salt water..,instruction said will take 7 days to cure?

Dang, my company is expert in adhesives. I will research this and get back to you. What exactly are the materials that you are bonding? Glass to glass, glass to acrylic, acrylic to acrylic?

glass to acrylic the glue call e6000,,tap plastic in bellevue had it.
dragoneggs said:
Dang, my company is expert in adhesives. I will research this and get back to you. What exactly are the materials that you are bonding? Glass to glass, glass to acrylic, acrylic to acrylic?

Dragoneggs I also want to know about anything that will hold up better than just silicone for bonding acrylic to glass :)
I have an acrylic overflow inside a tank and unfortunately when the power goes off it leaks water (imperfect seal) and would let out 30-45 gallons (more than planned for my sump :-(
I am planning I guess on drainig partially and re siliconing or ? another glue like dang mentioned But I would like to know more first :)
Paul
Sorry dang if i'm hijacking this thread temporarily :-O

I also want to know about anything that will hold up better than just silicone for bonding acrylic to glass
That would be awesome....

Back