My 24gal "Pod"

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

24 hours after installing the Remora Nano and no foam....... guess the break in time is long. :)

I've heard that cleaning out the skimmer with vineger will eliminate most of the breakin time.
Haven't tried it, just thought I'd throw it out there.:)

yeah, normally i run them in warm water with a small amount of vinegar. this time i was a little short on time and tossed it in. now i'll pay for it in break in time. :)

Wow Krish, I don't know how I missed this thread but the stand looks great! It's too bad the tank got delayed but just think about how much more excited you will be to get it.

24 hours after installing the Remora Nano and no foam....... guess the break in time is long.

That could be a good thing! Maybe there is nothing to skim in your tank;)

I've heard that cleaning out the skimmer with vineger will eliminate most of the breakin time.
Haven't tried it, just thought I'd throw it out there.

Well...Seeing I won't be filling the tank until atleast the next morning after I get it to allow the silicone to dry for the pvc board bottom I have to put in, I may run it like that in the meantine:)

Wow Krish, I don't know how I missed this thread but the stand looks great! It's too bad the tank got delayed but just think about how much more excited you will be to get it.

Thanks Tim! Glad you liked the stand. :) About the delay...Yeah, I'm thrilled I have to go another night with butterflies in my tummy:p

LOL don't tell him that dood or he's not getting out of the bathroom .

ROFL!!! Not that excited Gabby:p I'm still worried about the tank getting here cracked! :shock: Hopefully not though...I had them do a little extra packaging;)

ROFL!!! Not that excited Gabby:p I'm still worried about the tank getting here cracked! :shock: Hopefully not though...I had them do a little extra packaging;)

If it comes in a refrigerator box then you may have overdone it.:lol:

ROFL!!! Well, the 2 boxes I have coming weighed over 70lbs! :eek: I already paid the customs duty and shipping from the US to the Bahamas on the stuff today because the paperwork came over early this morning and you guys need to count yourself lucky! I don't pay full price when I have stuff come in, and the duty and shipping on the tank, my skimmer and the maxijets was $283.00! :eek:

If it comes in a refrigerator box then you may have overdone it.

ok now you want him to have dihirrea with that :lol: .

Sheesh dood i can't believe you paid that much... you're lucky Christina doesn't say anything to you :p :D .

ROFL! If she did, I'd keep my year end's bonus check for myself (and not give it to her), and buy a sports car and a bigger tank:p

ROFL! If she did, I'd keep my year end's bonus check for myself (and not give it to her), and buy a sports car and a bigger tank

uhh i see we're aiming for the ferrari eh :D :lol: .
well i'm still crossing my fingers you get your tank :)

ROFL!! No more tanks man:p Not till we sell the townhouse and buy or build a house. That's when I'll do what I really want;)

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get the tank up and running. What do you plan to keep in it?

Hey Krish I'm getting an aquapod tomorrow as well. I'll start a thread then we can compare our tanks lol :p

ROFL!! No more tanks man:p Not till we sell the townhouse and buy or build a house. That's when I'll do what I really want;)

Good story...thats what we all say, but mama and the little one might have something to say about that ...:) j/k... but seriously I'm still waitin on the fish bowl project , with skimmer and sump attached :)

I am looking forward to seeing the pictures when you get the tank up and running. What do you plan to keep in it?

Thanks April...Me too:p I'm going to keep all the corals and my 2 clowns from my 38gal so I'll be starting out with a little reef. I already got rid of all the "bad" rock that had lobophora on it so I'm down to a few but they are already arranged how they will go in the aquapod (I marked out my 38gal for the aquapod's dimension :p ) and it will completely fill the tank:)

Hey Krish I'm getting an aquapod tomorrow as well. I'll start a thread then we can compare our tanks lol

Sounds great man!! Which one are you getting? I'll keep an eye out for your thread as well:)

tagging along on this one. Can't wait to see what you do with this one krish!

ROFL!!! 8,000 gph in a nano cube:lol: Naw...It won't be that bad just yet. I'll just be using (3) maxijet 1200's for flow which I have already been told may be too much(LOL) Once I get the tank setup, I can brainstorm a few things because I always like to do something "different" :)

Good story...thats what we all say, but mama and the little one might have something to say about that ... j/k... but seriously I'm still waitin on the fish bowl project , with skimmer and sump attached

LOL! Baby's going to want her own tank soon:p We are definately thinking on selling our townhouse soon (probably in about 2 years) and are just trying to decide if to buy a house or build. Building would be good so I can make a fish room to keep all the equipment, but we'll see. As for skimmer and sump on this nano(LOL) the sump is the back compartment and the skimmer will hang on it:p

Back