My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

hey charlie, despite your woes, your tank seriously looks awesome!!
if some moron finds something to laugh about, screw 'em!!

You and I both know that there are morons out there man, and GD.......................... thank you for showin up, that just made my freakin day.

And thank you and MGD for the compliments, pictures hide alot my friends, to me it looks OK, and that is about it. Some people hate honesty :)

Your tank looks great. Hope you can get past the loss. I know it hurts to loose something that you worked for and took some pride in, but I've heard it happens to the best of us. I've lost a few pieces and quite a lot of money in those pieces. I think the system is stable now. Thats all we can do. I feel for you.
And again, the tank does look great.

Been kinda nice.............................. hasn't it

No, not really & have not wanted to be a pest, so I have just been waiting to hear from you when you are ready (all things in their season, so to speak). Sorry to hear about your losses, but I have to agree, your tank shot looks great! How are the fish putting up with any upheavals (I am an animal dr. ya know...)? Hang in there, dude!

Update pics.

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    60.7 KB
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    65.1 KB
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    54.7 KB
Where in the heck have you been my friend????? I asked Joanne twice where you went. I was a bit worried not hearing from you or anything about your tank in a while. Looks like things are doing great! How is the blue mille? We missed you at the BBQ this summer. Why didn't you come out? =*(

Oh. =*( I just read your explanation. I didn't know this had happened. Man Charlie, your tank is still absolutely gorgeous though my friend. Joanne told me yesterday something happened to your tank. Honestly though, it looks awesome. I know exactly how you feel though. I feel worse I think than the average person when something dies of mine. You spend so much time and love caring for these corals and fish you love them. At least I do. I love each and every one of my fish. I call them my kids. I hated to leave them for a week when I recently went on a small trip. 1 of my anthias died, and I still feel bad. My tank sitter overfed severely. For me, the money a person loses does not mean squat when you think about the time, love, and effort you put into these reefs. I'm sure we all have something we could donate to you that you lost. Feel free to write me any time if you need to vent! Big hug! We missed you.

Gina

Where in the heck have you been my friend????? I asked Joanne twice where you went. I was a bit worried not hearing from you or anything about your tank in a while. Looks like things are doing great! How is the blue mille? We missed you at the BBQ this summer. Why didn't you come out? =*(

Oh. =*( I just read your explanation. I didn't know this had happened. Man Charlie, your tank is still absolutely gorgeous though my friend. Joanne told me yesterday something happened to your tank. Honestly though, it looks awesome. I know exactly how you feel though. I feel worse I think than the average person when something dies of mine. You spend so much time and love caring for these corals and fish you love them. At least I do. I love each and every one of my fish. I call them my kids. I hated to leave them for a week when I recently went on a small trip. 1 of my anthias died, and I still feel bad. My tank sitter overfed severely. For me, the money a person loses does not mean squat when you think about the time, love, and effort you put into these reefs. I'm sure we all have something we could donate to you that you lost. Feel free to write me any time if you need to vent! Big hug! We missed you.

Gina

Wow Gina, thank you :)

Yeah, missing the BBQ kinda sucked, but oh well. I will just have to make it twice next year.....................lol. The blue mille sadly did not make it thru. I posted in the Spokane forum too btw.

Money doesn't mean a d*** thing, does it :(:(

It does suck to lose money as well, but for me it is all the time it took to raise the coral/fish and see it grow into a beautiful specimen. I'm glad you are back though. You will have to make another meeting soon! =)

Oh Charlie, I am sorry about the blue mille not making it. =( UGH! If I had one, I would frag you a piece. I guess now I just have to go get one. LOL! ;-)

Last edited:
Sure it sucks to lose money, but losing the critter hurts worse. Some folks don't understand that all the stuff in my tank was grown from a frag, there was hardly anything that was bought as a large colony to begin with. When you get to talking about the sps colonies that I lost, it starts running into the 4 digit loss category total. There was a method to my madness, but oh well.

I will try to make it over before the snow really starts to fly ................................ lol.

Just a quick update, things are getting better, the algae is disappearing the same way it showed up slow and steady. I am still not going to add anything at all, just going to keep on keepin on with what is remaining. thx :):)

That's great news Charlie! I'm trying to get rid of a bunch of hair algae at the moment. Thinking a new skimmer is my next project. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Back