My 300 Gallon sps tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Montipora capricornis I believe.

Purple rim cap

I suppose I could go with the recent trend tho.................... and call it Carla's whiz bang, I have been dead for 3 years and now I decide to grow coral ;)

just a few more pics to pass the time today, hope you enjoy :)

IMG_8985_zps518278f3.jpg

IMG_8980_zps9b80390d.jpg

IMG_8966_zps4d423087.jpg

IMG_8945_zpsaa3b597f.jpg

IMG_8926_zpsb810c4cd.jpg

IMG_8879_zps82dce511.jpg

IMG_8833_zpsff9064e2.jpg

IMG_8821_zps79ab18dd.jpg

well I've missed a lot.. you're fragging again? that's awesome!!! your close up shot are great, I really like the monti's, but you know that :) I'm glad to see the tank is doing so well.

well I've missed a lot.. you're fragging again? that's awesome!!! your close up shot are great, I really like the monti's, but you know that :) I'm glad to see the tank is doing so well.

I just took a couple frags over for Joanne for the Seattle frag swap Rob. Not getting much growth on the rest of the sps, but they are maintaining at least!!!

You guys all moved in? We kind of missed you around here ;).

I'm sitting at the breakfast bar with the laptop right now. we moved a couple weeks ago but it's a mess as the house isn't quite finished. I plan on working on closets so we can put stuff away today. the rent and 2 mortgages were killing us. at least we only have 2 mortgages now :)
the FW tank was the last thing we moved. everyone survived :) that damn tank was heavy, glad Bill was here. we were able to borrow some of those glass suction cups and those things are great. I really don't know how we could haul a heavier tank down those stairs though. not that it matters as a larger tank is a long ways off. we over spent on the house so it'll have to wait.....
did I see a top down shot on the purple rim cap growing on your overflow? that's so cool it came back....

I posted that pic right after you asked for that, and yeah, that one came back and so did the orange cap!!!! I can't explain it!

Congrats on moving in, definitely happy for you all, must feel nice living in a big house again huh?

Hey.................. have Julie shoot me an email, I will be cruising by Dillon on the way home from Vegas on the 14th of March, you all up for a quick drive by visit......................LOL. Maybe we can catch breakfast this time too, I will definitely be leaving Pocatello earlier, it is just me this time.......................LOL.

It is kinda weird Rob, most of my montipora are doin well, better than expected actually, but the growth on my other sps has really slowed it seems? The LPS are doing great too, how do you like that new torch I got from Joanne?

Back