My 30g temporary tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jamiehill

Utini
I took down my 120 about a month ago, but couldn't bring myself to be fully tank free. I ended up making my frag tank into a small display.

Here are a couple pics. The tank glass and measures 24x24x12. For stocking, I have my pair of clowns, a peppermint shrimp and some of the corals left over from the tank breakdown.

I have a 250W hamilton 14k in a lumenarc mini over the tank and a tunze nano and k1 for flow.

The pics aren't the best. I just took a couple quickies with the cell phone.
photo-41.jpg

photo-42.jpg

I like it alot also.Didnt look the prettyest when i was there the first time though.

Yeah, it wasn't looking too hot when I was in the middle of breaking the other tank down. It is much easier to take care of though. A quick 5g water change every weekend is much easier than toting 30g of water upstairs.

This tank was my frag tank before, and I just couldn't tear everything down. It is nice to still have a small tank set up with the easier maintenance.

Glad you've kept something going. That looks like it should be a quite easy little thing to take care of. Scraping coraline will be your biggest chore.

Yeah, it wasn't looking too hot when I was in the middle of breaking the other tank down. It is much easier to take care of though. A quick 5g water change every weekend is much easier than toting 30g of water upstairs.

This tank was my frag tank before, and I just couldn't tear everything down. It is nice to still have a small tank set up with the easier maintenance.

Is that a Red Planet Acro in your avatar?

I like it! I am thinking of doing a frag tank and I like the dimensions of yours. Where did you get it?

I like it! I am thinking of doing a frag tank and I like the dimensions of yours. Where did you get it?

I got it from Nelson who picked it up from the lady Adam (myteemouse) found on Craigslist that had a whole bunch of the tanks. I searched for quite a while to find a tank this size. They are not very common.

A couple updated pics. Duane, the scoly has rebounded and is doing well. Constant silverside feedings really made it heal up fast.

photo-43.jpg

photo-44.jpg

Back