My 500G Osama Reef arrived Nov 12 2013

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If you have it all of GFCI and using a ground probe, it is what it is, I'd be more concerned about the structure of the tank, It may take a while but It can happen if not properly done. Problem is who can actually say oh yea it is solid it will never break? LOL

Hi Scooterman... IMO... as a retired engineer and was licensed as a Professional and structural engineer. So structurally speaking any void in any seam is a weakness. In my tank we have multiple voids some larger than others and some interconnected . That definitely creates "significant - IMO" weakness that with time can open up further by interconnecting more voids first, then POTENTIALLY lead to leaks or catastrophic failure. NO one knows if and when this might happen. I would suggest to other hobbyist buying big tanks just to review that point and examine your tank BEFORE you get it into your home. After it gets in the home, it is much more of an issue to replace etc... My take in this issue and my two cents for consideration by others ... Your tank Your choice Your decision and I hope this would be helpful to others... I love my tank and try not to think about the voids that are now hidden by the beautiful enclosure

I would get some long bar clamps, figure out a plan incase a seam broke, put in storage and just go with it, who know it may last years. Having a plan to deal with the possible issue is all you can do. Other than that is is a beautiful piece of work, congrats! :D

I agree Scooterman... I stopped dwelling on this issue that caused me serious pains. I have learned to enjoy the tank and daily work on it in my retirement arranging and re-arranging corals to my and the wife's liking. We love the hobby and the tank looking great. Thanks

kona and blue lip: Appreciate hearing it as it makes all the effort we put into it worthwhile.. Thanks again to all FYI

My First ever Reef 180g

Been in the hobby for about twenty Years. Here is my first a 180g tank, after 6 years of nursing it. Had to take it down due to work travels. I am now retired and started my 500g system in early 2014. Hope you like my history..

Let me know Please what you think

Attachments

• My 180G Picture Taken by Dick Hilgers.jpg
    My 180G Picture Taken by Dick Hilgers.jpg
    62.3 KB
  • Osama-2 Full View of Tank.jpg
    Osama-2 Full View of Tank.jpg
    68.3 KB
  • 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    102.4 KB
  • 6of25.jpg
    6of25.jpg
    96.8 KB
Select pictures of the day from the 180

Today I thought I will add few pictures of my previous 180 g. Highlighting few lovely corals..Hope U like this selection.

Four New Fish for my 500G

Bought Four New Fish for my 500G . In QT for observations. Were at LFS for over 3 weeks as per Matt (Matt of Sho-Tank - Designed and is Installing my 500g system) . Matt says, all fish were medicated and eating well. Will observe for few weeks and make sure they are eating OK before putting in the DT. Let me know pls if any of U had a bad experience with any of those fish in a reef. Hope you enjoy this short video and let me know and Thanks for watching

Clams added three

Here are my latest addition. Bought two large Maximas and then bought a third one

Maxima  002.jpg
Sorry could post one clam here My other two are too large. Not sure how as taken by same camera almost hte same time

wow, your tank is just beautiful. and sweet clam.

are you using a media hosting site and the image code to post the pics here or are you uploading and storing them here on rf? Image/media hosting sites are better.

wow, your tank is just beautiful. and sweet clam.
Thanks.. My newest is this 500G DT.. Work in Progress .. Hope I can get it populated like my 180g was.. Took 6 yrs then so I have sometime to go and now can only find frags at the prices we used to buy large corals for...

My three clams

I am trying to load all three clams here this time from Photobucket.. So here goes!!

Success I need to remember that !!

where abouts are you located? there are a lot of members in the seattle area that always have good deals on nice frags. Anyway...load your pics to photobucket first and then post the image code here in the quick reply. i am betting you have uploaded a lot of pics to the rf site and the space allowed is probably full.

where abouts are you located? there are a lot of members in the seattle area that always have good deals on nice frags. Anyway...load your pics to photobucket first and then post the image code here in the quick reply. i am betting you have uploaded a lot of pics to the rf site and the space allowed is probably full.

I am in Palatine IL
I will load from Photobucket and Thanks IPisces

Pictured taken By fellow Hobbyist

These three pictures taken by a visitor to our home with better photography skills than yours truly

Let me know what U think Pls

Back