My 557 @ 4 years

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I took these this morning so I thought I would update this thread. Tank is still humming along :)

Regards,
Kevin
Tank-10-05.JPG

tankF-10-05.JPG

It looks even better in person. (thanks for sharing at our last Reef meeting)

What is amazing to me about Kevin's tank is all the blue on the SPS and the size of his Red Sea Sailfin Tang. It is huge.

Nice husbandry to get your tank to that point.

I guess I'm late to the party, so maybe this has been asked....
Isn't that a blue face angel in your reef with sps AND clams!!!???

I guess it's working for you......any recommendations to the rest of us on how to do that? Do you have what you would consider a unique fish or is the nonreef rating overrated?
Steve

Awful just awful so send it to me :D
Sometimes it takes something as beautiful to make us realize why we are in this hobby.

Thank you for all the kind words! Sometimes it seems a shame it can't be in a place that more people could enjoy it in person :(

The angel is OK for most SPS, LPS and clams are another matter. It was sold to me as a P. navarchus by the LFS. As a juvenile they can be hard to tell apart (obviously I didn't know). It chews on the T. gigas from time to time and I suppose I will have to move the clam to another tank. It will soon be too large for this tank anyway. The bottom line is I would not put one (the angel that is) in a reef tank in the future.

Regards,
Kevin

Stunning as always...just keeps getting better! Need to make a trip out since it's been over a year now. How 'bout some close up shots of some of those great corals? More pix...more pix!

Hi Kevin,

Tank looks incredible as always. I was curious if you might have any detailed photos of the stand construction for your tank? I am preparing to build the stand for my 600 gallon tank and decided to go with a wood stand and really like the fact that you built yours so that it could be dis-assembled rather than one monolithic piece of wood.

Thanks

Reinforcing brackets to keep the stand strong where wood meets.
They're the shiny angle looking things where the wood butts together...

Nick

Back