My 90 Fish and softy tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IPisces

I was planning on FOWLR, but I am going to put some leathers in here too. I have a seawhip that is too tall for the other tanks I am planning to put in here and one of my toadstool leathers from the 75 mixed reef. Anyway, I bought the 90 that was listed on the for sale forum. This was it when I picked it up.
stand.jpg

tank.jpg

tank.jpg

I set it up in the back spare room and painted it over a period of a week.

DSC06112.jpg

Got the tank set on the stand after two weeks. Got what water I could make in it and most of the rock.

tankonstand.jpg

Got it filled last week and set up the sump over the weekend and it is running! Rock was all live from an established tank so hopefully what cycle there is will get started and over with soon.

DSC06130.jpg

DSC06135.jpg

Last edited:
Its kind of hard to tell, but the top rock work on the left, a good size fish can actually swim into and out the top. Its not packed there. Its like a cave with an opening in the top.
Can kind of see it here
DSC06136.jpg

Last edited:
The single rock just left of center is where my squamosa clam is going. He has gotten too big for the 75.

There was a trace of ammonia a few days ago but today ammonia is 0, nitrites are 0, nitrates are 5. Added a small clean up crew of about a dozen snails and half dozen dwarf blue legged crabs tuesday. So far, so good. Brown diatoms started. Blew most off with the turkey baster last night.

I moved my 34 gal RSM to put this 90 in its place and was going to sell the RSM. Well my husband wants me to keep it, so I guess I will have 4 tanks running. I need to do something with it now too. It is a FOWLR at the moment. Theres 40 lbs of marshal island rock and occupants are a diamond goby, black stripe chromis, tail spot blenny and my picasso and platinum clowns and their RBTA. Maybe I'll turn it into a paly tank. I could turn the 90 into a leather and mushroom tank. Oh and I want a couple more clams.:)

Sweet! I like the blue background!

It came that way. I wasnt sure if I was going to like it or not, but its growing on me. Sure makes it a lot brighter. I had that lighting system on my 75 and it didnt seem that bright on it. I was kind of worried about the depth of the 90 and getting light to the bottom, but I guess I dont have to worry about that.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments on the rock work. Allthough there is more than 90lbs of rock in the tank, I am adding rock to the sump/refug also. I just dont think there is enough in the tank to sustain good filtration. No sand in the sump, just some more rock and macro. I need a light first. Do you think an 12"-18" pc ligthing fixture on the fuge would suffice? I may add more to the tank at a later date if its the right piece. I would be looking for another show piece like the 30lb piece of tonga in the center.

Cool, another softy tank.:)
Love the rock work.

If you already have a pc light fixture, then I would say go ahead and use it. But if you are planning on buying something, I'd go to Lowes or Home Depot, get a clamp-on fixture and a bulb from them. $10 to $12 total.

Back