My 90g reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

$250 for tank and 4 Reo pumps(1 return, 2 for closed loop, and 1 extra) 20l sump, stand, and canopy. I also have a Nova Extream Pro light, a couple Quite one 2200 pumps. Willing to make a great deal :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone sorry for slacking on updates. We have been insane at work the past couple weeks. Just started cleaning the new tank a bit today. Going to get some new bulkheads for it and also still trying to decided if I want to use the Oceanic sumps. Came with a model 1 and a model 2. Would either need to rebaffle one or drill for a exturnal skimmer pump. Also working on getting a conformation for a buyer on the 90g, fience said it has to have a home before I move everything. She doesn't trust me having a empty tank setting around, not sure why!?!?!?

So is anyone up for helping move a tank this weekend? The 90 will be ging into tubs Friday night and plan to get the bowfront in and plumbed Saturday. Then Sunday I can scape and put everyone back in. Will be waiting for the other two light fixtures and still working out if I want to use the Reef Octo DNW-200 or buy a skimmer that will fit in the stand.

Well not much going on. Took some awsomely bad pics. Lol
021_zpscefdef5e.jpg

020_zps55543f9e.jpg

019_zpsf5bb9de0.jpg

018_zps9e05d19d.jpg

017_zps6e55e14d.jpg

016_zps7fee3ea9.jpg

015_zpsd3e97ff2.jpg

014_zps11f684e1.jpg

013_zps13b349f2.jpg

012_zps28261421.jpg

011_zps3afa67eb.jpg

010_zps6f9cc7e0.jpg

009_zpsfab1dd59.jpg

008_zpscbc9aae6.jpg

007-1_zpsdb5ebb39.jpg

006_zps96cf1f7c.jpg

005-1_zps53a5cd02.jpg

004-1_zps476518e5.jpg

003-1_zpsc5a82fbe.jpg

002-1_zps9a7c7bcc.jpg

001_zps2dd2d054.jpg

My ability to get the SLR to take good pics is horrable!! Either they have a very purple tint or too white?!?!

Last edited:
Actually your pics are pretty good.

I believe that the PSAS meeting this month, is a photagraphy lesson from Brie at Barrier Reef. I went the last time and l learned how to set my white balance. Pics look a lot better, BUT it is still impossible to get good pics under actinic lighting. At least for me it is. :)
Check the Puget Sound Aquarium Society Club Forum for the club meeting info.

Thanks for the heads up. Will have to try and make it to a meeting, oh and join! So the fuzzy red alge really came on strong this week also. Two changes is Tangs are out of the tank and added a bio-pellet reactor. Everything test out correctly. I know that the bio-pellet reactor does a mini cycle? Any one else have experience with this? Oh and it is just on the dry lace rock and not the cultured live rock :(

Last edited:
You should be careful and start out with like 25% of the media and add 25% every couple weeks that way its not too dramatic.

Man you really jumped in head first I can't wait to see your new tank build! I know you're new to saltwater but anyone breeding discus won't have a problem. I'm so glad to see that we are getting more reefers up north everyone down south is so spoiled ;).

Thanks for the comments. The Bowfront is on hold for a couple months. Nicole wants to put flooring down now before I put the tank in the office. Still working on a better sump set-up and either getting a new skimmer or rebuilding the ReefOcto (leaking and pump is trashed). The 90 is very stable and looking good other than some excess alge. All in all happy with it right now, just sad everytime I walk into the garage and see the 185 setting there. Was dangerus though, there is a 300g bowfront on craigslist!!!!

All in all happy with it right now, just sad everytime I walk into the garage and see the 185 setting there. Was dangerus though, there is a 300g bowfront on craigslist!!!!

LOL...GET IT! no you better not!
But you can use the 185 for a sump and the 90 for a qt! Thats what I would do if I could.

Well I have been very bad about updating pics and info on my reef. Had TLJ come over Friday morning and give me some tips and help adjust some things on the 90. My corals have been growing well but were washed out a bit in color. So Todd adjusted my LEDs from 75% on white and 100%blue down to 50% and 75% respectavly. Too much of a good thing!! He also helped me ID and find some potintial war zones with the different corals in my tank.

After switching swapping and changing my mind 100 times, I do have a solid plan of attack on a new bigger tank set-up. Me and Nicole are starting to renovate our house and will be swiching our guest bedroom and office. This will allow me to move my mechanicals through the wall and into the garage. Will also be keeping the 185 bowfront. After inspecting it I think it need a reseal job and did not want to sell it in that condition. Our house is small and the tank is going to dominate the 9x10 room but hopefully it will be glorius :).

Part I have picked up so fare for the new build are 75g sump tank, a curve 9 skimmer, 3 more Reef Octo media reactors, and alot of plumbing parts!! Todd gave me some great ideas on flow pattern that I will be implementing. So hopefully over the next couple months I will get things in order!!

Well onto some bad pics!!

Corals look like they are doing good! Still jealous of all of you fancy LED guys :pout: I have also been slacking on updating my thread now that I've seen this looks like I'll have to update too. Looks like you have a bit of macro algae growing on the rocks did you put that in there or did it sprout from the rocks? Cant wait to see the 185! :eyebrows:

Back