My 90g reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks for the comments. The Macros all came in on the rock. I prune it weekly. The look with the macros I think brings a touch of wilderness to the structure. If you ever want some cool reds or others macros. Let me know!!

Thanks for the comments. The Macros all came in on the rock. I prune it weekly. The look with the macros I think brings a touch of wilderness to the structure. If you ever want some cool reds or others macros. Let me know!!
I like the idea of macros in the display tank. It gives it a natural look, I think, and more wild like you say. My tank is so new and I got dry rock instead of live rock and it kind of looks barren. I'd like it to look more "oceany" if that's a word!

Thanks! Well if you ever get up north let me know. I have several different kinds of macros and will give you some!! Your tank build is quite awsome by the way!!

Thanks for the Macros/frags Zach! Your tank looks even better in person and your discus are beautiful. Thanks for havin me over!

Well couldn't help myself today, first Friday off with nothing to do, so drove down to Barrier to check out there Memorial sale. Picked up the largest black cap jawfish I have ever seen for sale. He's the size of a cigar!! Also couldn't pass up the buy 2 get 1 free deal, even though I have very little realestate left. Have to say the flower monti is one off the most striking corals I have now. Also stopped at Saltwater City, have not been in there sence I started this tank. Have to say will not be making a special trip to go back :(. Did pick up a fat head anthis though, him and the black cap are happy in the QT tank chillin for now.

Thats about it for now. I hope everyone has a great Memorial Weekend and please remember those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice to let us enjoy our hobby and country.

Wow cleaned the garage so now I can get to the bowfront and start cleaning and getting it ready to be resealed. Also all the extra equipment got stuck on a extra breeding tank rack. Should have the discus barn done in a couple months and can bring my breeders back home. Also cleaned out the spare bedroom soon to be office. Will be nice having the big tank up and the mechanicals in the garage!!

Oh my half to get in gear with the 185 now. Added Mikes LR to my 90, well 85% percent of it. Tank is stuffed to the gills now!!!! Will get some pics in a bit.

Hugh Thanks to everyone that has helped me so far!!

Well Zach, how long is a bit ????????????? Been waiting for FOUR hours and still nothing...........JK Gotta see if it's really stuffed to the gills as in my overstocked system STUFFED..... still waitin'...............

Cheers, Todd

Oh and I put roughly another 30-40lbs in my QT tank and refugium. Have to get a better light over the QT this week. All in all a sucessful move.

Awesome job at getting it all to fit, just wait a year or so and there would not even be enough room for your Clown to swim around in there. GOOOOOD thing the 185 is in the works already my friend or you'd be going through the headache I currently am in deciding which Corals to keep and which to pass on.

Cheers. Todd

very cool!!! I am setting up a new tank for my cichlid. I am still looking for just the right stuff for it.

The D-tank is pretty low tech. 2 Aquatop UV Canisters, hydor inline heaters, 4 bulb Nova light, and mix or plant sustraight and potting soil. Plants via Flowing Lake and drift wood from the river.

Well got a couple good pics I think, not sure how?!?!

Cabbage coral from Herefishyfishy

Browned out Aussie Tri Color I just picked up

Spongodes

Bird of Paradise (I think?)

Bird of Paradise

Mint Chocolate Chip tabling acro

My little frag of Pink Birdsnest from TLJ has grown!!

Last edited:
Back