My 90G starphire/rimless cube build thread

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nice work Rick, glad the tank worked out, you did a great job finishing the job!

Excellent photos as well!

Joel-
Waves Marine & Reef LLC

wow really amazing how much would you charge to make a tank like that again along with the setup?

Sorry for the slow updates guys. I started my MBA this quarter and have been crazy busy with full-time school/work and haven't been on the board much.

Nice work Rick, glad the tank worked out, you did a great job finishing the job!

Excellent photos as well!

Joel-
Waves Marine & Reef LLC

Thanks Joel! The tank turned our really well and I'm very happy with it. Awesome job making the tank.

wow really amazing how much would you charge to make a tank like that again along with the setup?

PM Joel "LiquidFunk" as he is the one who built the tank, he can give you a quote.

Here are some new shots. The tank has been doing pretty well and not much has changed really. I added a Foxface to clear up some Calupera a few weeks back and he finished it off. All of the original fish are still in there and kicking: pair of clowns, Tomini Tang, Foxface, three Lyretail Anthias (one is finally turning into a male), Tail-spot Blenny, and Yasha Haze goby. A couple new SPS frags have been added and growing well. I think I'll be fragging up my orange crush acan since that is getting quite large. All of the equipment is the same with the exception of the skimmer, I ditched the Warner Marine in favor of an ATB small cone and am extremely happy with the ATB. I wish I would have gone that route to start with. Enjoy!

Full-tank shot:
5_09.jpg

And some livestock:

female Anthias:
IMG_2493-Edit.jpg

Foxface:
IMG_2528-Edit.jpg

And a few SPS shots:
IMG_2537-Edit.jpg

IMG_2543-Edit.jpg

IMG_2551-Edit.jpg

Ahhh man I was hoping that came strait from the card.

That of course would be nice (and a great time saver) but not realistic by any means. Any and all photographers have to process the pictures, the camera can NEVER interpret the scene as well as you can. That is what shooting in RAW format is for, to keep as much information as possible before converting it to a jpeg. This of course won't make a bad picture into a good one, just a good one into a better one.

With that said, here are a few more shots. Thanks for the comments so far guys!

I don't think I've ever posted my Tomini yet. He's pretty elusive and doesn't care for the camera much but here he is:
IMG_2607-Edit.jpg

My Lyretail Anthias that is turning into a male:
IMG_2610-Edit.jpg

A different view of the full-tank shot:
05_2009.jpg

very nice pics as always
Very well pse the words,i like it
This of course won't make a bad picture into a good one, just a good one into a better one. :D,,or the other way around from the bad picture into the worst.
i learned alot from you Rick,,thank you:) from CS2 through CS4

Last edited:
Thanks for the comments Dang. I've always been happy to stop by your place, photograph your tank, and give you some pointers. Your tank has always been an inspiration of mine :)

Back