My 90gallon Build!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

His is a pic of the pump?? Is this the pumps I should get???
81CF719E-47CA-433A-9E1B-113FBA35CE2F-1534-000001A71901F864.jpg

Yes, I have one HY-3000 on my SWC skimmer for my 180

I would only buy one used, they show up often on that other board.
Skimmy has a few others he likes.

Yes, I have one HY-3000 on my SWC skimmer for my 180

I would only buy one used, they show up often on that other board.
Skimmy has a few others he likes.
Nice thanks a lot I need Two for this skimmer!!! Whhooooooo that's a heavy amount of money!!! But where can I look to find used ones??? Is it in the classifieds???

Nice thanks a lot I need Two for this skimmer!!! Whhooooooo that's a heavy amount of money!!! But where can I look to find used ones??? Is it in the classifieds???

You would only need one large pump to replace the other two smaller ones.
Just plug the second input. They sell used for $.50 on the dollar at the other site. PM sent

Is your return pump pulling water from the same section/chamber that the skimmer is sitting in? What chamber is your evaporation showing up in?
Do you hear or see what you are saying?? Your skimmer is overrated and is computerizing your livestock!!
You say your going to build a new stand? Have you not put the cart before the horse?? Why would you put an EXTRA sump on line, when in two weeks (or however long it takes to build a stand) then tear down that sump to reinstall it back into the stand?? I dont get it.

Maybe you missed this post. Where is the evaporation showing up in your sump?

Maybe you missed this post. Where is the evaporation showing up in your sump?
It's hard to tell right now but I believe it is in the return chamber!!! But I would like to make an outo top off soon for my next build??? The sump just started running last night!!! So really hard to tell but this morning I woke up and my zoas and Xenia were looking happy!! I need to test water today after work!!

Ok I have a 100 gal setup with a 55gal sump/refugium. Mine goes drain to skimmer ,to rubble rock section, to macro section with three types of macro( one will work), then return pump. That works great......Beeeelllleivvvvve me. It works. And I think it's more than Rocket Science......................A rocket just has to get off the growned and a reef has to LIVE.

on my new 300g build I was thinking of a rock rubble section also, but I would run in in the very last section to ensure the most detritus free water flows through it in hopes of avoiding a nitrate factory.

It's hard to tell right now but I believe it is in the return chamber!!! But I would like to make an outo top off soon for my next build??? The sump just started running last night!!! So really hard to tell but this morning I woke up and my zoas and Xenia were looking happy!! I need to test water today after work!!

This is an important issue.How do you know how much Ro/DI water to add to your system to keep your salinity stable.
As I stated before if your skimmer is in a baffeled off chamber and you are pulling your return water from that chamber, your evaporation will show up in that chamber. This will effect the performace of your skimmer .
Your zoas could look good today and melt tomorrow

This is an important issue.How do you know how much Ro/DI water to add to your system to keep your salinity stable.
As I stated before if your skimmer is in a baffeled off chamber and you are pulling your return water from that chamber, your evaporation will show up in that chamber. This will effect the performace of your skimmer .
Your zoas could look good today and melt tomorrow[/QUOTE
It will affect my skimmer because of evaporation in the last chamber??? Because my water level so far has been steady!!! I will post pics on its skimmate!!! Thanks for that information!!!

Let me try it this way. Which ever chamber your return pump is pulling water out of (to return the water to your DT,) that chamber will is where you will see the evaporation.
Which chamber is your return pump pulling water out of?

Have you topped off your tank in the past three days?

Your zoas could look good today and melt tomorrow[/QUOTE
It will affect my skimmer because of evaporation in the last chamber??? Because my water level so far has been steady!!! I will post pics on its skimmate!!! Thanks for that information!!!
Here it is since last nite!! And I just needed to top off about every two-three days and 8gallon natural sea water a week!! And I check my salinity with a refractometer but is now broken because one of my kids was playing with it. So Im using a hydrometer "I know is not accurate" but funds are low. But here are some pics I just took!!
"Im surprised to find my water level wasn't going to change dramatically"
827FB364-102D-4EC4-8CBB-71845FC96215-196-0000001B1D249DFD.jpg

it ran a little wet last night but got it tuned in to be perfect!!!

Sorry I ment 8G sea water ("water change")!
and sorry I keep missing this but yes it is evaporating from return and skimmer is!! But water level is not changing quit offen as I thought!!! I will test parameters tomarrow and post.

Sorry I ment 8G sea water ("water change")!
and sorry I keep missing this but yes it is evaporating from return and skimmer is!! But water level is not changing quit offen as I thought!!! I will test parameters tomarrow and post.
Just checking o see if anyone has refracometer I can buy for cheep??? I live I'm spanaway/Grahm area thanks!!

I dont care what your skim mate looks like.
What chamber is your return pump pulling water out of??? How much water do you top off per day?? Are you topping off with RO/DI? How do you know what your salinity is?? have you checked your hydrometer with a refractometer?

I dont care what your skim mate looks like.
What chamber is your return pump pulling water out of??? How much water do you top off per day?? Are you topping off with RO/DI? How do you know what your salinity is?? have you checked your hydrometer with a refractometer?
Again.... the the return is coming in the last chamber with the skimmer, and as for top offs I use a 5 Stage RO/DI unit from bulk reef supply,about 1G every two to three days but I have not checked my hydrometer with my refractometer!!! Remember I stated my Refractometer broke and I had to use the hydrometer!!!

skimmate looks pretty wet for me...have someone check your hydrometer with their refractometer for now and look for sales online where u can get a good refractometer new for like $40. I have a digital one I amy part with for 75% of its retail. only used a few times is why.

skimmate looks pretty wet for me...have someone check your hydrometer with their refractometer for now and look for sales online where u can get a good refractometer new for like $40. I have a digital one I amy part with for 75% of its retail. only used a few times is why.
Ill go to aquarium paradise today to have them check it!!! And I'm already looking for a refractometer online and if you do decide to part from your refractometer please let me kno thanks!! And ya the skimmer is running pretty wet, the water level stays at 6-7" and I did tune it yesterday morning maybe the break in period???

Back