My brothers 24g Aquapod!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SmileyFace1995

P.S. This is my brothers tank + Sorry about bad quality of pictures, taken with my phone

Here's my brothers 24g Aquapod, its been established for quiet a while now (6+months) so i thought i would start a thread about it!
I haven't kept it updated, but there isn't a lot to update about it.
All the equipment is just stock, we obtained this from a friend.

So here is the story- My friend had picture of this aquarium on his myspace, and it looked like it had pretty good lighting! and i was wondering what kind of lighting he had, because i wanted it for my freshwater! He was like who knows, i got this fish tank from a friend but the only fish i had died! i was like "oh, so nothing is in it?", hes like "No! fish are like $3! that's so expensive" . I was blown away by this statement and told him how much my saltwater aquarium was! He flipped, later i asked him if i could have it, he was like sure... So when i got it, it had a HOB filter, missing all filter for the back, and everything, fans don't work, or nighttime LED. But that didn't stop us, we learned information on this so called "aquapod" and ordered the replacement pump, outtake thing, all the filter pads and stuff. We also got 20lb of LR some substrate

So now the occupants in this tank are:

-Bandit Goby
-Chromis (i think)
-Geometric Hawkfish (the star of the tank)

No Corals Except These Hitchhikers!
-Strawberry anemone
-Botryocladia skottsbergii

Before the tank was given to me (the my space pic my friend had)
fishtank2.jpg

First day we set it up
FILE0100.jpg

First day we set it up (actinic)
FILE0100.jpg

Geometric Hawkfish (STAR OF THE TANK) - Today (4/27/10)

24gAPChromis427.jpg

Bandit Goby - (4/27/10)
FILE0100.jpg

FTS - (4/27/10)
24gApFTS4427.jpg

Little Closer FTS - (4/27/10)

24gApFTS4427.jpg

Chromis (i think) - (4/27/10)
24gAPChromis427.jpg

Hitchhiker #1 Botryocladia skottsbergii - 4/27/10
24gAPBotryocladiaskottsbergii427.jpg

Hitchhiker #2 Strawberry Anemone - 4/27/10
24gAPStrawberryAnemone427.jpg

SORRY ABOUT REPEAT PICTURES HERE'S THEM FIXED
AND LOL 16 VIEWS NO COMMENTS? I MUST BE DOING MY BRO SOMETHING WRONG :p

First day we set it up (actinic)
FILE0101.jpg

Geometric Hawkfish (STAR OF THE TANK) - Today (4/27/10)

24gAPGeometricHawk427.jpg

Bandit Goby - (4/27/10)
24gApFTS2427.jpg

Last edited:
Tank looks pretty good! However, IMO, those 3 fish are too much bio-load for a 24 gallon tank. If you're doing larger than normal water changes, you should be fine though. You might have trouble keeping your nitrates down, which will lead to the algae problem that you seem to be having, especially on the overflow walls.

I would do 5 g's a week. Thats what i was going before i got my skimmer now i do 5 every 2 weeks.

I want a cube some day keep it up.

Back