My cat ate my FW Betta

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

G&NSalty425

Us Against The World
Ok the other night my cat was over by the 10 gallon freshwater tank (a freshwater convert has to keep at least 1 freshwater tank lol) she usually goes and plays with the Crowntail Betta it's like a game with them. Well yesterday morning I get up go to feed and my little buddy who is always waiting for me in the morning he was no where to be seen. I searched the filter nothing. I looked all around the tank nope nothing and nothing on the floor. I have a feeling my cat stuck her paw in the tank and got the betta right by the filter. Grrr cat's and I miss my little buddy :(

bummer!
AND THATS WHY I HATE CATS!!!!
And the litter boxes and the fine hair and the lack of being able to train

Ohh she's a good cat goes outside kills everything outside but she not allowed to hunt my tanks lol grrr I gonna have to figure out how I can cover this one part of the lid on the 10 gallon too big of a opening by the filter.

when i had a freshwater tank my cat used to like to play with my fish too i went and got a roll of screen. sorta like a screen door mesh. and i cut out a square piece and placed it over the open areas of my tank

That's a good idea with the screen material I can make it blend in better. She used to be good with the fish I don't know maybe the cold weather is just too cold and she got the urge to hunt inside. When she was just a tiny little kitten I used to put her ontop of my Oscar tank on the lid and I swear if she fell in that Oscar would have tried to eat her but she was my little bubby and loved watching me feed the fish but no more she is not going near them anymore lol.

I also dislike cats.....
dog_eating_cat.jpg

Lol that pic reminds me of when my dog and cat play. Dexter is German Shepard and Husky and he will grab the cats but nothing bad him and my little black terror cat love to play she has even pinned him in the corner many times and him howling for his human mommy lol.

What really happened was the betta jumped out of the tank the cat upon seeing it on the ground gasping for air decided to end its suffering quickly by eating it. It was a humane gesture.

My girlfriends old cat ate her betta too. She woke up in the morning and the cat had knocked over the small stand the bettas fish bowl was on and ate it. I thought the cat was kinda evil after that.

Back