My Coldwater Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jacobnano

Teen Reefer
I just thought I would add my coldwater tank thread to this forum. It is a 15g where I built a DIY overflow. It is chilled by a Via Aqua chiller and kept at 59 degrees. Let me know what you think!

IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6461.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6463.jpg

IMG_6464.jpg

IMG_6465.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_6468.jpg

IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6471.jpg

Thanks! It looks twice as good right now, most of that livestock is new as of yesterday, and the pics were taken last night.

I get it from my family's cabin on Shaw Island, in the Puget Sound :)

Yea it is glass, and no not really, then again I didn't have it set-up during the hottest part of the summer so I guess I will find out.

Umm no actually. It runs for probably ten minutes once an hour? It lets the temp vary by one degree before it turns back on. I am going to insulate the back/bottom of the tank and maybe the sides before summer though, it gets pretty warm here in Yakima during that time.

Hello,

It looks like your running this coldwater marine tank in a Glass tank, does this cause you big condensation problems? Have you thought about going with acrylic so that the cost of cooling the tank is less as well as no condensation problems?

Matt

So far I haven't had any condensation. I am planning on insulating it before the summer but really I haven't had any problems :)

Well my room stays at 70 year round, I have to. So I would assume if I can keep it now I can keep it then?

Great looking tank! Any fish in there? And, is that a monster purple starfish in there? What do you feed it?

i had a giant purple and a giant orange star and they ate about a pound of live clams every two weeks

here are a couple of my coldwater tank that I had set up for over a year
coldwater032.jpg

coldwater027.jpg

coldwater025.jpg

coldwater004.jpg

Great looking tank! Any fish in there? And, is that a monster purple starfish in there? What do you feed it?

I buy clams and then put them around the tank and he will eat them :)

i had a giant purple and a giant orange star and they ate about a pound of live clams every two weeks

here are a couple of my coldwater tank that I had set up for over a year
coldwater032.jpg

coldwater027.jpg

coldwater025.jpg

coldwater004.jpg

Yea, I think about 6 per month for the star should be ok.

Your tank looks great, reminds me a lot of Mr. Wests tank, good job!

wow this is a great tank! Keep the updates coming. Question for you...how did you build the DIY overflow? I've been looking to do something similar in my nano tank!

Back