My Coldwater Tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks! Basically just some abs plastic, I measure and siliconed them together. Basically just the overflow and hidden under the bioballs is a return pump that goes to my chiller.

Thanks!

Yea I might get one, I am still contemplating it.

I have had it for around 4 months other than that I have no idea.

Yea pretty much required. The temps up there are around 55 and I keep my tank at 59, it could actually be a little higher, they are all mostly tidal creatures and do well in many temps. But a chiller or some way of cooling down to around 60 is a must.

IMG_6513.jpg

IMG_6512.jpg

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6510.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6507.jpg

IMG_6506.jpg

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6518.jpg

IMG_6519.jpg

It is kinda big and crawls over everything but other than that I haven't had any problems.

This is awesome thats cool you can just go out and find what ever you want. i really wish i lived in a warm tropic place so i could do the same. id risk the fines. lol

So, I'd love to have one of native coldwater systems going in my classroom...I'd make the ocean trip just for it, but someone told me I wasn't allowed. I've looked all over for citations of legality and failed to find any. Classrooms are rather public, so I can't do it unless it's completely legal. Seems like it should be okay as long as nothing in there is 'endangered' but do any of you know for sure?

This is awesome thats cool you can just go out and find what ever you want. i really wish i lived in a warm tropic place so i could do the same. id risk the fines. lol

Back