My Fish bar

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

H

holdendaniel

Decided to move my thread over to showcase now that its not under tank discussion. 55gal built in overflow, to a 55gal skimmer/sump/fuge. 1'bar wrapping tank sides and front. Just added ro/di water may24th

will have pics up as soon as i can find camera

some during the build process

:shock: some during build process

let me talk to mwalker see what his plans are(he wants to come check it out at the same time) i will send you a text when i talk to him but i got no plans today so plan on 6:30

Neat concept! I like it! What do you plan on keeping in it?

Nick

Oh i plan on majority sps and lps a couple fish for eye candy i wanna do alot of frag swapping with fellow reefers is my plan

It was great to meet you, Matt and Dave last night!
Now I gotta stop down and have a look in person :)

it makes the rock stand out awesome..just got 10lbs of live rock in to seed my tank

just got some rock from dude in lake stevens to seed my tank. i sat and stared at rock for good hour saw no apthasia. 1st thing this morning i go look at rock and there are over 12 heads-2" of aptasia on a rock that wieghs less then one pound. ? can you make the **** hide for hours(so the ass could sell it to me) (i just trew that rock away)rofl
on the other piece i bought from him had no apthasia i can see right now.....what should i do throw it all away its been in my tank for 12 hours

Personally, I never considered aptasia a threat to my tank and worth throwing out LR.
Its seriously the least of your worries when it comes to reef pests and easily controllable with Kalk paste and many other remedies out there. Unless they are physically touching a prized coral, they dont cause harm.
Anyway, nice looking start to your reef system.

That is why I will never use LR again. If I was starting a new tank. It is a PITA ridding aptaisa. I don't know anyone that has 100% success with any type of method other than a natural predator or completely nuking thier rocks or starting off with dead rock.

Back