My "new" Aquapod 24 with 150w HQI lighting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The orange/red theme is looking great! Is that an acro frag I see in there? Hmmmmm, getting interested in corals again?:D

That is an ORA Tort frag and that is the last frag from my 120 gallon tank. I kept it to see how well it'd grow in my pod and so far it's doubled in size. It's coloring is also better in the pod....

Matt...Chuck just bought a Deltec for his aquapod! Should be nice!:)

I saw those on the Deltec site. I think in my instance that water changes are more than sufficient. I would like to see reviews on it though! :)

What deltec? One of the MCE's? That would be really nice. Well I just ordered my 24G Pod w/150w HQI today and Im gonna pick up Monday when Im in Portland for a meeting!! It should be sweet! Is there a thread that shows alot of the mods for these? I get the jist of most of them but was just wondering. Thanks guys! Later Ryan

it took my gsm female to get gold bars in around 9 10 months they a cb from the lfs hes got i biggest maroon female ever its about 14inch from memory the male is bigger then mosts peoples females
is that tank going to big enough for them when they get to full size
are u keeping anything eles in there they are pretty aggressive clowns

That is an ORA Tort frag and that is the last frag from my 120 gallon tank. I kept it to see how well it'd grow in my pod and so far it's doubled in size. It's coloring is also better in the pod....
:)
If and when you want more, I owe you some (you gave me some of your frags) and have many corals that are quite fragable.

it took my gsm female to get gold bars in around 9 10 months they a cb from the lfs hes got i biggest maroon female ever its about 14inch from memory the male is bigger then mosts peoples females

Thanks! Yeah, this pod is just for the GSM's.

If and when you want more, I owe you some (you gave me some of your frags) and have many corals that are quite fragable.

Thanks!! If I ever get back into it large scale I think I'd stick with fish only. That way I don't have to worry about 'reef safe' and all that stuff. :) For now I'm quite happy with the pod....

14"? No GSMs get that big. Maybe you looked at the cm side.........which makes it roughly 5.5"

Best,
Ilham

Man that is one hell of a skimmer for a 24G Aquapod!! :) Should do the trick though. Im getting anxious about getting mine now. Is it Monday yet? LOL Later Ryan

I think im convinced, I was all set to get a 75g....but know I think this might be a better way to start into the hobby slowly.
Is your chiller still working out ok?

No real updates...the good thing is the pod did well during the power outage we had recently. I was shocked that a glass tank held the temperature as well as it did. Of course, I need to get a generator, just in case.

It's being fed with a maxi-jet 900 that is actually my "return" pump. it does not require much flow and it's 1/2" tubing. Very compact... it's very very quiet as well if I have not mentioned that before. It also only requires 1.8 amps to start up which is sweet.

Hey Matt, is the mj900 working good for this chiller? I would like to get one for my new pod, but unsure what to feed it with. Do you think a mj1200 would be good or too much? I plan on having it down under my tank so it will have to fight some head pressure coming back up. Maybe a little more power will be needed, Im looking at about 4ft of head pressure.

Last edited:
Back