My New Baby 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

salmonslayer

UP ALL NIGHT
Well here we go. Adding a new 180 to my 125 system in the garage. I have a 150 in the house and anyone that has two seperate systems knows what a pain it is to manage. My gole is to tie two tanks into one system and take down the 150 in the house ( happy wife ).

Tank in the house

the new 180. Drilling 10 holes for OM 8 way and returns

Last edited:
Trade you for your boat and a place to park it. Need help cleaning up that mess to the right of tank in first pic ( elec)

Looks like a fun project! I watched my friend drill one hole through glass and it seemed like it took forever! I can't imagine 8! :eek: Good luck with it!:)

Krish, you hit it dead nuts. It takes about 15min a hole which means its going to take a week or so LOL. The problem I have is just before the bit pops thru I get some small chips around the hole. I could try to score the other side. I plan on the use of silacon around the bulkheads.

YYYAAAHHHOOOOOOOO. All 10 holes are done. Just waiting for bulkheads. Holes went real fast after I found out you drill a pilot hole first then the holesaw flys on thru. Just a test to see if it would work, to bad i didn't find out till after my 5th hole. I drilled the last five holes in the time it took to drill two and a half holes the other way.

Last edited:
Updated Photos

Some update shots

Installed bulkheads

Stand pipes and returns

Next step is to place it on counter top. Plumb it to the pump and OM then add 70gal sump. Getting closer Yahoo :D

Last edited:
Hey, where did all that space come from in the garage? Bet your wife wasn't so happy when she realized it was only done for room to get the tank done:lol:

Back