My New Baby 180

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Is that flow as weak as it looks in the pictures? If it is, then we need to figure out why. You saw the picture of how strong it was in my setup, it was like that until I took it offline. Let me know buddy. Also, I think you will find as you go along that you will want to shorten up those loclines, I started out pretty long and found them quite anoying...they were reduced to just stubs eventually:D

Last edited:
Todd this is true. I'am trying diffrent set ups and the 1x3/4x3/4 locline ys are not the ticket. I will spend this week trying other set ups and checking for leaks. I have 1" bulkheads and I think I will try 3/4x 1/2 ys and shorter lines or just 3/4 lines with the fan adpt on the ends Etc,Etc,Etc. Having fun getting wet, my arms are to short to reach the lower part of the tank so I have to jump in to change the lines.

Todd this is true. I'am trying diffrent set ups and the 1x3/4x3/4 locline ys are not the ticket. I will spend this week trying other set ups and checking for leaks. I have 1" bulkheads and I think I will try 3/4x 1/2 ys and shorter lines or just 3/4 lines with the fan adpt on the ends Etc,Etc,Etc. Having fun getting wet, my arms are to short to reach the lower part of the tank so I have to jump in to change the lines.

Tracy, what did you end up using to feed the pump? Did you go with 2X1.5 or did you use something else? If you used anything smaller to feed it that coulld be your problem, you're restricting the flow. I had 1" coming from the OM to 3/4 at the tank, all of the locline was 3/4. HTH

Last edited:
Todd, My prob was the two 3/4 Y's with two lock lines coming off each. Splitting the flow ( it was just a test ). I have two 1" bulk heads for the feed and bushed up to 1 1/2 after the bulk head and about 6' or so of 1 1/2 feed to pump. Took them off and there flowing like your first potty of the day LOL.

Here are a few of another try.

Here is a pic of my star going for a walk under my frag rack

Last edited:
Now that's the kind of flow I'm talking about:D But at your age I'm sure even the first potty of the day isn't anything near that:doubt:

tracy i dont have much to say but nice i think u have 2 many corals in your
tank and better give me one of everything just in case i crashes
4 shizllllllllllllllll

Update on tank. Took down 150 in the house, some what. Took all the rock and corals out and placed in a 150gal tub. Placed all the corals back into the tank till I weed thru the rock and build rock work in the 180.

NOTE: the guy I found off the freeway off ramp to help me.

after I took the rock out :eek:

By tstumbo, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi. at 1969-12-31

Put corals back into tank :(

Start of rock work

Got to love it

Not sure yet but some what finished

MY helper :D

Last edited:
That is looking really good, of course I loved the two fish you had, but they were a bit big for the tank. Can't wait to see how it looks once you start to fill it up with your fish and corals! I'll come take pics if you need someone to. :D

Ash

Its time. Got my look for the rock ( some what ). Installing coral, What a pain to do all at one time. I give up, just layed the rest on the bottom for now. Burning up the glue.
Got the 20amp breaker in last night. Lights are sitting on 2x4,s till I figure out a way to mount them. Here are some pics.

By tstumbo, shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XTi at 2007-06-26

Last edited:
Back