my new tank!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

woohoo..just got a pm from matt and my new tank is ready:D:)!!!!!!

i have everything ready...
a nice sump from jnarowe..thanks jonathan!!!:)im planning on using the sump as a frag tank as its perfect to be a frag tank and sump as well,that way im only maintaining 1 tank..i currently have a small nano tank and its a bit of work..dimensions of the sump is 48x20x10 tall...rimless glass with a center brace...
lighting will be current usa outer orbit 2x250w mh with 4x54w t5's with leds will hang it..
my huband is currently doing a custom made stand...

im excited..and my new tank is 48x30x15 high i havent seen it will pick it up tomorrow or monday...

will do a new thread...:)

new addition..........still pissed as i just put it in the tank
rainbow wellso
DSC07102.jpg

should look like this once it gets happy
rainbowwellso1.jpg

orange plate
DSC07101.jpg

i moved the blue carpet and took a couple of big rocks out to make some room...move frags/corals around and voila! i have room:D
DSC07091.jpg

Last edited:
yup i will make a new tank thread..this is gonna be exciting since i have much room now..plus matt gave me a view box so i can view my corals topdown and make pics:)

Wow! Your tank is amazing! I wish that i could have mine look like yours, and your new one will probably be stunning too!!!

i took pics using the view box matt gave me..
halides on only because the t5 bulbs reflects and u cant see real colors because its getting washed out by the blue bulb...

heres a few pics..i took it really fast as its tiring and hard because of canopy...bit blurry but oh well:D

rainbow wellso(my husbands v-day gift:D)
DSC07222.jpg

zoas
DSC07224.jpg

DSC07225.jpg

scolys
DSC07227.jpg

1 of my only 3 sps..sunset monti,and tiny frag of superman
DSC07229.jpg

i need to practice taking topdown pics:D

Last edited:
When is it? I've just been snowboarding all the time lately and riding many different mountains so i'm gone from my tank all the time =( But that means that its been cycling with the lights on for along time and ready to go! Lmk i'd love to get more involved when i have time!

Back