My New Toy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Krish

RF STAFF
So I wanted something to mess around with seeing I'm into cars as well and didn't want to buy anything brand new seeing we still are planning to buy a house and sell our townhouse so I bought a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution direct from Japan. It's got a lot of toys already in it like a racing gear box, performance clutch, upgraded plumbing for the intercooler and turbo, etc etc so I figured I show a few pics of it now. I plan to change the color and the rims because I hate the white ones that came on it(LOL) and do a custom stereo install and so forth. For those of you into cars, I'm running about 14lbs of boost!!

Nice dude! :D

Right hand drive huh? :lol: good luck! Do you guys drive on the left over there?

did that thing come stock with a turbo, or is it aftermarket? What year is it? I know the new Evo's up here in the states are pretty quick little suckers...don't hurt yourself...:lol: ;)

I wish I would have known you were looking for a toy like that, I just sold one of my Trans Am's last thursday, I'd have cut ya the fellow reefer discount on it...although I imagine shipping it to the Bahamas wouldn't have been too cheap...:D

MikeS

Nice dude!

Right hand drive huh? good luck! Do you guys drive on the left over there?

ROFL!! Yeah, we drive on the left so technically we are supposed to drive right hands. They are just becoming popular here:)

did that thing come stock with a turbo, or is it aftermarket? What year is it? I know the new Evo's up here in the states are pretty quick little suckers...don't hurt yourself...

I wish I would have known you were looking for a toy like that, I just sold one of my Trans Am's last thursday, I'd have cut ya the fellow reefer discount on it...although I imagine shipping it to the Bahamas wouldn't have been too cheap...

MikeS

Yeah...They all come turbo from the factory. They run only 9lbs of boost stock, but you can comfortably run 14lbs on regular gas. The car stock is supposed to do 0-60 in like 4.8 seconds, has 269 hp and 309 lb ft or touque so I can't imagine what it has now or how quick it does 0-60 in. Can't seem to find the 1/4 mile time though...Once the boost kicks in you can't sit up(LOL) It's all wheel drive as well and I can get it to rub all 4 in 3rd gear which isn't bad. As for the year, it is a 1995 (old car) but in great condition. Like I said, I wanted something I could mess with a bit and so I got something older.

So you sold your trans am!! What are you getting next???:)

Last edited:
the car looks like its in great shape great find...I would help you out with the speakers and t.v's in the head rest and all of that good stuff..All i will need is a plane ticket :) What color are you thinking about painting it??? How about a nice chameleon the type that changes how the sun shines on it...

The car stock does 0-60 in 4.8 seconds so I can't imagine what it does now. Once the boost kicks in you can't sit up(LOL) It's all wheel drive as well and I can get it to rub all 4 in 3rd gear which isn't bad.

Again...don't hurt yourself Krish:lol: ;)

So you sold your trans am!! What are you getting next???:)

I still have my '99 WS6 (which is actually a Formula)...I'm going to keep that one. I sold my '97 Trans Am...the first picture is the one I sold, the second picture is the one I'm keeping

MikeS

the car looks like its in great shape great find...I would help you out with the speakers and t.v's in the head rest and all of that good stuff..All i will need is a plane ticket

ROFL!! That's what I do for a living:p Been doing it for the last 11 years and we're the authorized dealers for Directed Electronics which is the parent company now for Orion, Precision Power, ADS, Polk Audio, Viper, Clifford and on and on...I'm going to pull a nice mold in the trunk so keep an eye out. We have the rep for being the best here in the Bahamas;)

What color are you thinking about painting it??? How about a nice chameleon the type that changes how the sun shines on it...

Not sure, but believe it or not the car is green!!:eek: It looks black until the sun hits if from the right angle. Really weird. Not quite chameleon, but plays with your eyes(LOL) I have the color book here now deciding on what color to change the rims to. I decided to keep them for a while (They are OZ racing wheels) so I'm going to change the color probably this week. I'll post pics afterwards:)

Last edited:
Again...don't hurt yourself Krish

No man...I hate going fast. I just like to get to 80 at the most quick and then I'm finished.:p

I still have my '99 WS6 (which is actually a Formula)...I'm going to keep that one. I sold my '97 Trans Am...the first picture is the one I sold, the second picture is the one I'm keeping

MikeS

Ahh...Both are nice!!:D

wwouu dood that's kewl.
i like the left driving :p .... i wish we would do that here :lol: .

I'm running about 14lbs of boost!!

pff that's nothing.... i run with 25lbs of boost in my belly :lol: :lol:

Size? Bolt pattern? Pics?

Size 15 (will change to 17's probably to fill in the wheel weel more seeing the car is already lowered), bolt pattern...Not sure, but 4 lug and pics will come after I change the color on them. I'm not really ready to change the rims yet until I decide on a color to paint the car and I get it painted so I will just paint these OZ wheels a different color in the meantime seeing they are white.

Some other goodies that came in it was a HKS turbo timer, Blitz boost guage, Momo steering wheel, Razo shift knob, Blitz pedals, Turbo X boost controller, the blow off valve will be changed to a Greddy although the one in it is really nice which I put on this morning. We had one up at the shop that came with a turbo kit we brought in for one of the guys Civic's and it sounds amazing! When I was out testing the car this morning, I blew the whole blow-off off of the pipe and the car shut down. Got out, fixed and and went for another ride...When the car hit full boost, I blew off on of the lines coming from the intercooler so I had to tighen that so I have to go behind every clamp now and make sure they are tight:p

wwouu dood that's kewl.
i like the left driving .... i wish we would do that here .

LOL! What side do you drive on your bicycle:p

pff that's nothing.... i run with 25lbs of boost in my belly

ROFL!!! What about now??:lol:

Awe man they screwed up & put all the controls on the wrong side:eek: !
Are you sure it doesn't do 60 to 0 in 4.8 seconds? :lol:
Hook up some NOS to that Puppy! Love that Ws6 Mike, better not sell it like my buddy, traded his in for the heavy duty GMC:rolleyes: what a nut!

LOL! It takes longer to slow down:lol: The car came with 4 wheel disc brakes and slotted rotors. Pretty neat car! :D

LOL!!! Yeah...It was a nice day. Been beautiful like that all year with a few days that got in the low 70's mid 60's in Jan and Feb, but the sun is always out. Summer will be a killer!!!:eek:

Sounds rough Krish:doubt: :lol: ...we just got one of our typical spring snowstorms, dumped about 18 inches of heavy wet snow on us and it was COLD....oh well, we need the moisture here in Wyoming very badly...

Love that Ws6 Mike, better not sell it like my buddy, traded his in for the heavy duty GMC:rolleyes: what a nut!

Naw, Scooty...I'm keeping this one:D it's pretty rare, they only made 175 Formulas with the WS6 package in '99, and it's loaded...leather, T-tops, 6 speed, 3:42 rear end, monsoon sound system, the works....and it's only got 33K miles on it...definately a keeper...:D

MikeS

Back