my new zoas:)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

the real purple hornet have the alternating skirts,all others are fake

desertrose, I noticed that you're in Ohio, the State where the Purple Hornets were discovered and named. Do you happen to have any from Gary that you can post a pic of for reference?

maybe AOG's but cant tell there are so many different ways that they grow different water quality and different light can do wonders

mine has an alternating skirts(has 2 skirts),purple and yellow green...i havent seen a real purple hornet but i trust the guy i bought this from...polyps are tiny you cannot see every details on it unless u take a closer look...i saw pics on zoa id and they are exactly the same as mine....

ok desertrose i fragged my 4th polyp...can u see the alternating purple and yellow skirt now?the yellow ring is not colored up yet coz this one is just a teenager:D
and a pic from where i fragged it...

yes i fragged it...:p

I agree with desertrose
the real ph have alternating skirts, all others are fake!
I picked up my ph from saltwater city back when they first got them in! :)

I agree with desertrose

lol..the purple hornets you showed me are not purple hornet...cmon niles just keep your rudeness to yourself...mine is way different to the ones you showed me and claiming they are purple hornet...cmon now dont start again..:mad:
plus dont you see in the pic that it has alternating skirt..yours dont and im positive they are african blue hornet you said you paid a lot then you got ripped off...or if they are purple hornet(which im positive they are not)then they are sick like the rainbow palys that you sold me that are so bleached!!!

ps...fellow reefers be aware..dont get fooled of good deals bec you will end up getting tiny polyps or sick zoas

Last edited:
I agree with desertrose

why dont you post a picture and let people judge....
i trust the person that i got this ph from and from researching and finding pics online and other reef forum, im very very satisfied what i got is real...its a shame you are mentioning LFS names...

i also have an african blue hornet so i know what they look like,mines color is even better than yours,so i think yours are getting bleached too..

I remember jamming to Saltwater City when they said that they had the Purple Hornets only to find that they were the African Blue Hornets or blue steels. And at $50 a polyp for those, YIKES! A warning sign should have been that he had a colony of it that he was fragging out.

**FOR THE RECORD, I WAS JUST VENTING ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PURPLE HORNETS." I DIDN'T MEAN TO BE IN THE CROSSFIRE. SORRY.**

Last edited:
Mods pls close this thread!
I dont appreciate ppl coming over my house buy a frag pack then message me back and say there not real! I didnt put a gun to your head and say buy! You made that choice so deal with it i even told you to bring them back and ill give you your money back! The one thing that makes me mad is i spent tons of money in this hobby and for you to tell me to buy a house? Thats insulting, grow up and quit crying!!!

you didnt put a gun on my head and i live all the way here in puyallup and you didnt told me in advance they were sick if i have known i shouldnt didnt buy it,and plus you wanted the mohawks that i pick up for you so of course that way you dont have to drive all the way in tacoma...your the one started talking crap telling me to F OFF...bragging me that you are spending thousands of dollars on corals...duh who doesnt in this hobby????
giving away freebies that are sick too..

just be aware on who you are buying from fellow reefers...i bought and meet alot of fellow reefers and i didnt have any problem on them...
i dont really get ticked or upset but you know what you did...i can even send all our conversation to the administrator let see who is wrong...

oh i didnt say your rainbow palys are not real,i know where u got it from...its just that you didnt told me in advance that they are sick...

you didnt put a gun on my head and i live all the way here in puyallup and you didnt told me in advance they were sick if i have known i shouldnt didnt buy it,and plus you wanted the mohawks that i pick up for you so of course that way you dont have to drive all the way in tacoma...your the one started talking crap telling me to F OFF...bragging me that you are spending thousands of dollars on corals...duh who doesnt in this hobby????
giving away freebies that are sick too..

just be aware on who you are buying from fellow reefers...i bought and meet alot of fellow reefers and i didnt have any problem on them...
i dont really get ticked or upset but you know what you did...i can even send all our conversation to the administrator let see who is wrong...

You are the only person who complained! Everyone thats been over and left with a smile on there face! So thats hard to believe, ppl beware of her she saw my tank and wanted all my zoas and we had agreement on the frag pack she was trying to swindle me after i gave her a deal 2 rainbow palys (yes they lost a lil color do to my light), 2 nuc greens, 5 reef setup neon orange palys for 40 bucks a great deal with free mushroom! She kept asking me and bugging on my lunars saying take the nucs out and replace them with lunars i said no! This lady is nuts!!! BEWARE ive talked to ppl and they say the same.

oh i didnt say your rainbow palys are not real,i know where u got it from...its just that you didnt told me in advance that they are sick...

what is with this sick thing?
they got to much light so they bleached a lil!
i have mines in a cave for the last few days and there coloring up fine!
I will meet you where ever and i will buy the whole frag pack back a person like you dont deserve them!

your rainbows didnt lose a lil color they are white...
yes all that for 40 bucks plus the mohawks that cost 15 dont forget about that. plus the gas money, the time to pick it up in tacoma, and the time to drive there ending up with tiny polyps of nuclear greens..and sick rainbow palys...i was offering you another 10 bucks and take out the nuc greens for the lunars...
no you wanted to trade your lunar for my purple hornet...
beware ive talked to ppl and they say the same,,,yeah they say the same about you too...never had problems with people so i dont know what you are trying to say lol...even if they give me freebies i gave something in return bec im grateful...YOU GAVE ME FREE MUSHROOMS gosh I TOSS IT RIGHT AWAY...I GOT SCARED IT MIGHT START MELTING AND FOUL MY TANK...POOR MUSHROOMS ARE GONER...
I DIDNT WANT ALL YOUR ZOAS BECAUSE YOU WILL CHARGE FOR SURE $15-$25 PER POLYP AND NOW IM WONDERING ARE THEY HEALTHY????this is really bad...bad for you...
i dont mind im not affected coz i dont really sell stuff...i buy from people..

you wanna buy it back???come meet me IN MY HOUSE...or to be safe here in puyallup in a public place...sure sure i dont need your sick zoas coz i dont deserve it..i deserve the colored healthy one...:)

you didnt get satisfied talking crap on pm huh?now you want in public...you never tried to patch things up..all u care is being cocky and all that...im just so sorry about u...goodluck on your high end zoas...

fellow reefers...hes gonna say you will get 4 high end zoas but you will end up getting just 3...

If your not happy ill buy them back!
All this info your saying is 100% not true!
Your upset so your talking out your a**!
I want them back i will come to you and get them back!!!!
ppl ive dealt with know im not like she's saying!
this asian lady is NUTS in the head!
I have nothing else to say .

now your racist...cmon dont show your true colors...
quit smoking that hashish. and you'll realize what you been saying.
sure come to puyallup and get them anytime any day. now i will get a healthy nice colored up rainbow paly soon. so i dont feel bad.
oh yeah, your nuc greens are smaller than the baby purple deaths that i got from barrier.
i'm not too excited bout your zoas, feel free to get them any time the sooner the better and make sure you bring 40 bucks and the mohawks(hope they are still healthy).
how bout today or tomorrow. or better yet i'll do you a favor and you let me know when you are gonna come.

I remember jamming to Saltwater City when they said that they had the Purple Hornets only to find that they were the African Blue Hornets or blue steels. And at $50 a polyp for those, YIKES! A warning sign should have been that he had a colony of it that he was fragging out.

**FOR THE RECORD, I WAS JUST VENTING ON MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE PURPLE HORNETS." I DIDN'T MEAN TO BE IN THE CROSSFIRE. SORRY.**

no problem reef18ster...its a good info bout those african blue hornets or blue steels where he said he got his purple hornets..poor guy got offended when i told him his are not ph,,then starts giving me attitudes and all stuff..not a good thing..

Back