My Tank Has A Bullseye

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bmartin, welcome to Reef Frontiers!

Thats an excellent idea. You know that never once crossed my mind. But I'm a complete and total idiot. Let me explain.

I had a number of friends come over to inspect the tank and all I kept hearing was "man, that sucks". The tank was near the door to my garage and I would look at the bullseye everyday and just be mad about the whole situation, and eventually mad turned into grief, and then acceptance. Then one day, I walked outside, looked at the tank, and... nothing. The bullseye was gone!

I was in shear disbelief. I thought I was just not looking at the right spot, but I was indeed looking at the right spot, I looked at it every single day! Long story short, THE BULLSEYE FELL OFF. It just fell off! Turned out that it was a hard piece of plastic that was perfectly stuck to the glass!

Pictures proving my limited level of comprehension:

crackedtank012.jpg

crackedtank013.jpg

The second pic is me holding it against the outside of the display.

The tank stand is about 32-33" tall. The display itself is about 31-32" tall. The canopy is another 6-8". So 69-73" overall. I'm only 74" tall, so I could not reach into the display to feel the bullseye without a step ladder, nor could any of my friends. I chalk it up to being lazy. All I ever needed to do was get a ladder, reach inside the display, and remove it...

By the time I had this revelation, I had already planned a new direction for my system and found another tank. I traded this one (bullseye free:) ) to a buddy for some drywall finish work.

How embarassing... I'm so sorry for wasting everyones time with this.

Hey I hope you saved the bulleye wait till youre friend sets up the tank and you could really mess with him.. Is there a market in reefer land for a fake bulleye... Kinda like fake gun shot holes on youre car....

Back