My tank has arrived

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Detri said:
Do those Icecap pendants need a seperate Ballast? Or is it included in the fixture? I am leaning towards a set of those myself. Besides they seem to be in my price range to.

They have seperate ballast, I use Icecap electronics.

MINIATUS

Hello again
Would like to share in some of my new friends. I havent IDed most of them yet But i will.
Please Enjoy.

MINIATUS

This is a wide shot, not very good.

MINIATUS :D

Picture.jpg

For "not so good shots" man they look awesome here maybe it is my monitor huh! Really nice reef there MINIATUS!

Thanks for sharing the new pics Miniatus. Is there any water in that tank (LOL)? It's looking really really nice.

Wow where did you get all those wonderful frags? Hope they do well for you, your system seems awefully young. Good luck!

Just a update question. I got the calcium reactor running about 5 days ago. I have it dripping at 1 bubble every 2 seconds withe the efflent dripping the same. Efflent level is 6.8 and CPh reading sits at a constant 8.2. Is this ok or do I need to adjust for higher PH or lower Efflent level.

Thanks

MINIATUS

Calcium levels are at 425ppms on the test i did yesterday. Efflent level as do you mean what is the Ph reading, if so its at 6.8 comming out the reactor.

MINIATUS

The only thing i didnt test but have now is ALK which sits at 6.4 MEQ/L

MINIATUS

Just set the ph of the reactor according to the media being used. Start the effluent drip rate real slow and monitor the tank. If your levels are going up slow the effluent or shut it down until you need it. If levels are falling raise the effluent rate until the tank remains steady. May take a few weeks of testing.

Don

DonW said:
Just set the ph of the reactor according to the media being used. Start the effluent drip rate real slow and monitor the tank. If your levels are going up slow the effluent or shut it down until you need it. If levels are falling raise the effluent rate until the tank remains steady. May take a few weeks of testing.

Don

Thanks Don
so far with the way its dialed in My PH is steady day&nite at 8.2-8.3. Ive tested My calcium 3 times and it stays at 425 ppm on a Salifert test Kit.
Should I test the calcium everyday or every few days.

MINIATUS

If it were me, Min, I'd test everyday, just to make sure that rate is meeting my tanks needs/demands or to see if the rate is too much. At least for a week or so. Then, I'd probably test every week or twice a week and see if I'm still good. Others might do it differently.

Back