My ten sps/clam tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

corriewf

As promised I have taken pictures of my precious ten gallon.This tank has been through hell and back over the last 2 1/2 years. I have battle hair algae nitrates ect ect and lost a tank full of corals twice with the exception of a couple that made it the full duration.I have been sps bound for about 8 months now and in total this ten gallon holds over 27 different types of corals.I have 8 differnt types of snails and a cucumber.I have natural phytoplankton growing along with a very diverse fauna population.

Enough talking heres the pics.

full_resize.jpg

leftside_resize.jpg

rightside_resize_388815.jpg

zoos_resize.jpg

tankshots002_resize.jpg

agood3.jpg

blastoeating.jpg

Ok, These were taken yesterday as I was trying to get some top down shots.I thought these pics looked cool as the light was in the background instead of right in front of my fac/camera.

ashot1.jpg

ashot2.jpg

ashot3.jpg

neondottyback2.jpg

clam.jpg

ashot4.jpg

Awesome tank!!!! I like the pic of your neon dotty... I had one for over a year and it had such a cute personality. It would watch me cook dinner in the evenings and seemed intrigued by everything I did in the kitchen. He actually got to the point of recognizing me because he didn't act the same way with my husband :)

Awesome 10 gallon!!! I admire anybody that can keep stuff like you in a tank that small. Sounds like you had a heck of a time, but it has turned the corner now!! Keep up the good work.

Thanks everyone!!! It sure did take alot of work to get this far.

Heres a couple more pics:

agood1_761502.jpg

Hes waving.

red1.jpg

in bag

Also my twin spot goby:

twinspot5.jpg

AWSOME tank! I am running a setup very similar to yours and hope to get there some day. Great pics.

SALTYDAWGY said:
AWSOME tank! I am running a setup very similar to yours and hope to get there some day. Great pics.

All it takes is time. You will be there soon. ;)

NaH2O said:
Wow! Looking great!

Thank you. I will post some more pics later and keep this thread updated from time to time. You can see a lot of growth in these pics.

I decided to frag my purple digita not because it was too big but I knew that in its current spot it would and I wanted to change the aquascape there a little anyhow. I decided that I would frag and mount in a way that would produce a thick well encrusted colony that wouldnt threaten its neighbors. Fragging sps is pretty easy.

1. break
  2. superglue
  3. stick in place
  4. done
  5. drink beer

Heres the shots to show you what it looked like sorta.

agood1_863248.jpg

agood2_118061.jpg

agood3_853589.jpg

AND DONE!
agood4.jpg

I also moved my hammer to a better place. :)

wow, sweet nano! i love nano tanks! is that a linkia starfish?
also, is that a tort under 70w m.h.? looks like it's doing good!
im suprised the urchin doesnt knock everything over :)

Last edited:
skimerwhisperer said:
wow, sweet nano! i love nano tanks! is that a linkia starfish?
also, is that a tort under 70w m.h.? looks like it's doing good!
im suprised the urchin doesnt knock everything over :)

Well most of everything is encrusted, but I do keep superglue handy.

That is a linkia ive had for 6+ months and the tort is growing quite fast under the 70 watt/36 watt pc , which is surprising.

I was staring into the abyss known as my little ole ten gallon wallet drainer..... kidding. :)

Anywho I noticed one of my large one foot bristle worm and thought I would get some pics of him. Pretty amazing that its one foot and in a ten gallon...

abristle1.jpg

abristle2.jpg

abristle.jpg

Here are the pics of it eating a sponge. I watch in amazement as it swallowed the sponge off the glass in whole. I had always thought that they actually ate via a tounge and licked.

amouth.jpg

This is his mouth open against the glass.
amouth1.jpg

Just for kicks I took a pic of my brittle star.

abrittle.jpg

Wow! That's really impressive, and great shot of it eating. Where is your rock from?

Yeah I have never seen pics of them eating before. The one with the mouth against the glass is awesome.

Back