my very first decent pic!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

heres a 2nd decent one out of 20 pics:D
DSC_0196.jpg

Another thing about photography...don't be discouraged if you you only get 1 out of every 100 shots that are worth keeping, or even 1 out of every 500 ;)

ok..my husband came home with a tamron 90mm bought it after he got out of work....then went to best buy to return the nikon d3100 and exchange for a canon rebel t1i...this is it...best buy is getting a bit annoyed its the third time we are returning:D

so right now my husband is taking pics..and i can see a smile on his face..he said he love it....will post some pics once he is done....he doesnt even wanna let me see it:)

Very nice shot!! You are doing much better than me!! I have a Cannon Rebel XT, a Nikon, a fujifilm and even a tripod and still have yet to take one decent picture :lol:

I also have a Canon Rebel XT 8.x megapixel and love it..I do have a tripod but really need a macro lens however they are pricy and since I don't take as many pics, it is low on the priority list to buy.

we have a tripod that my bro in law gave us:)
my husband took some pics but nothing came out that i like...i was gonna try it out but battery died....i cant wait to take pics myself:):D

Tell your husband he needs to save some battery life for you (and the fish) too.

:)

Great looking photos that you have made there, especially the one on this page.

here are some pics that i took....only with actinics on,yup i am still awake and i woke up the corals too....they are half asleep half awake so they are not fully open right now....i am just too excited to try the macro lens:)
heres a few decent pics....its a bit tiring but its way better than a point and shoot:D
IMG_0300.jpg

this chalice is in the very front of the tank....
IMG_0301.jpg

one of my favorite chalice
IMG_0306.jpg

my pride and joy rainbow wellso..its not fully open....
IMG_0314.jpg

i tried taking pics of my yellow tang but he moves too much...i took like 10 pics and this is the only one i can show the rest is deleted:D
IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

yup next time i should clean the tank first:D

a few more....i am really loving it:D:p
IMG_0350.jpg

i dont know what i did but this one i turned out to be more close up
IMG_0372.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

ill take a better pics of these palys tomorrow when they are awake and happy
IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

ok heres a pic using a nikon d3100 no macro lens
DSC_0017-1.jpg

heres a pic i took using a canon t1i with a 90mm tamron macro lens...i actually took 2 pics of this and this one came out nice:Da bit blurry on the bgm
IMG_0424.jpg

this one i cropped from the 1st pic
DSC_0017.jpg

this one i didnt do any,this is with the lens
IMG_0425.jpg

im still working on macro shots..like the really close pics...like how?i see some pics that are really really close up and i cant seem to get that:sigh:

im still working on macro shots..like the really close pics...like how?i see some pics that are really really close up and i cant seem to get that:sigh:

to to your settings on your camera and go to picture style.. set the saturation up one notch. the Contrast up two notches and sharpness all the way up
then make sure the camera is exactly perpendicular to the tank..
I actually rest the lens against the tank it's self for stability..
(softly of course)
ISO 100-200
F-stop 5.8-10
shutter speed adjust accordingly to brightness of lighting..
FULL MANUAL operation setting..

Your depth of field is on point on most of the zoa pics! Ugh i need to get another slr. Mine got stolen!

Back