my very first decent pic!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hence the need for a tripod :)

Not necessarily, since most of our lighting setups on the tanks allow enough light to "stop" the shot. If shutter was lower than say 1/250 or so, or no "image stabilization" in the lens, than for sure tripod would be a must.

You guys are doing a phenomenal job for just starting out!! Keep snapping away and absorb all the info you read, it's evident you are soaking in all the info. Your shots are showing it!

Your depth of field is on point on most of the zoa pics! Ugh i need to get another slr. Mine got stolen!

As far as point and shoots have come (and that is a LONG ways) it still just can't compare to the quality/richness of the dslr/lenses. What did you have that got stolen?

another of my husband's pics.

IMG_0490-1.jpg

Last edited:
If you are shooting RAW, you can adjust WB in your standard editing software as well, that came with your camera.

(and now for a shameless plea...does anyone here have Photoshop for Mac? Any version?). Haha thanks.

and now for a shameless plea...does anyone here have Photoshop for Mac? Any version?). Haha thanks.

Pm me and we can talk, lol ive got a hookup ;)

BTW, these pics look really nice! love the miami chalice, i need to get a small frag of that sometime from somewhere,

Back