My wife is in the University of Washington Medical Center

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

N1Husker

RF Staff
I wasn't going to say anything, but Lorrie thought I should. All week my wife was not feeling well, she is rarely sick. She was short of breath, so Wednesday night I took her to Valley Medical Center in Renton. The next morning they did an angiogram and we thought that they would just put some stints in her heart. She had 3 major blockages and they sent her by ambulance to the University of Washington Medical Center. Yesterday, a wonderful heart surgeon Dr. Aldae, performed a triple bypass on her and saved her life. He said her heart was seriously damaged and her arteries and capillaries were half the normal size and it was very hard to suture the vessels together. He said that she wouldn't have made it another day. Although not out of the woods yet, she was doing better today. I go by N1Husker on this forum (I am from Nebraska),but I am definitely a Washington Husky fan now, they saved my wife's life. They are true professionals and a dedicated bunch of people. They have treated her like she is their only patient.

That's great! Praise God! My son spent about a month at Seattle Children's and they were fantastic. I'm a Coug through and through, but I'm a Husky fan when it comes to medical care!

I am so glad to hear that you were able to get the help you so needed. My thoughts are with you and yours.

Great to hear your wife is doing better! I would have been freaking out if that happened to my wife and the doctor were to tell me how close it really was. Glad ypur wife is doing better!

Scary! Hopes,wishes,thoughts and prayers for a successful and speedy recovery.

Glad to hear she is getting the care needed! If you need any help with anything ask! I may be a newbie to SW, but I'm willing to come up and help you out with your tank(s) or just stuff around the home.

Wow Earl, thoughts are with you two. Have gone through similar situation twice now with my wife and feel fortunate to live in this area with so many great medical facilities. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help out

Todd

Sorry to hear about the serious problem, but at the same time I am glad to hear the outcome is good. My wife went through a similar ordeal as well.

Alicia and I are praying for you and your wife. We will add you to the prayer requests at church this morning. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask, the RF community is a good one, there are many here who will go above and beyond to help a fellow member in need. Kind of strange that something like a hobby would bind us together, but there is a definite sense of kinship among us. When one of us is going thru something difficult, we all pull together to offer support and well wishes. God Bless
Danny and Alicia

I really thank all of you, I don't know what I would do without her. All of you mean so much to me and I consider all of you friends. I hold all of you dearly and I really appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

So glad your wife is getting better. I don't know what I would do with out my wife. Take care of her and you have my prayers.

Hi everyone, my wife, though still groggy, she does know where she is at and what has happened. They pulled her catheter out of her neck and her other catheter out and now she she is only hooked up to an IV. She still has the chest tubes in but she is supposed to get those out tomorrow, so that should ease some of the pain. She sat in a chair today and ate a little bit. The nurses say that she is doing well and on her way to recovery. I am sure that all of your prayers and well wishes have contributed to her recovery and my mental health. Thank you everyone. I will keep you updated.

Back