my zoanthid collection

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It is a Leopard Wrasse.
I've wanted one for the longest time.
I was at a store in Lacey and this guy was there.
Thought he'd be a nice addition to the zoanthid tank.

Pics look great!! Especially for ISO of 800!! The above advice about ISO is correct. Higher ISO makes the sensor more sensitive to light, but creates more "noise." I typically use ISO of 100 or 200. This will darken the photo, but that can be compensated with a wider aperture setting (lower Fstop) and/or slower shutter speed. Unfortunately, when taking pictures of fish, you need a fast shutter speed...lol.

IMO the fish turned out OK, but it's my FTS's that are way too dark for the amount of light in the tank.

Try opening your aperture more, to allow more light into the lens. Try something like a shutter speed of 1/80 and an aperture of 3.8-4.3. If it's too bright, yet in sharp, close the aperture some. You can also slow down your shutter, to allow more light in, as long as the picture isn't blurry, if you're hand holding.

Took some more full tank pictures and made a effort to remove some of the blue from the actinics and 20k mh lighting.

croppedtank81new.jpg

I'm still having problems with the white balance. I've set it, and reset it, and reset it, and it is still heavy on the blue side.
I found a setting in Photoshop Elements ( the poormans PS) that removes blue in stages.

Back