my zoanthid collection

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Great to look at your zoa collection Martin! Thanks for the pix. First rate...say, can you shed any light on why you chose the layout for the pumps in the tank please. Just trying to learn about a bit on your rationale for flow and obviously your success with these amazing colonies. You are the man.

can you shed any light on why you chose the layout for the pumps in the tank please. Just trying to learn about a bit on your rationale for flow

I am using 2 Tunze 6055's on a controller, one pointed at each side of the side and a Tunze 6045 pointed a little towards the front, which I move once a week, just to change up the flow a little. I'll even shut the 6045 off for a few days.
My main concern for the first 5-6 months is to keep algaes from growing. I had to rush the setup faster than I normally would have.

Thanks for the info, lookin' good sir!

I am using 2 Tunze 6055's on a controller, one pointed at each side of the side and a Tunze 6045 pointed a little towards the front, which I move once a week, just to change up the flow a little. I'll even shut the 6045 off for a few days.
My main concern for the first 5-6 months is to keep algaes from growing. I had to rush the setup faster than I normally would have.

Made a lighting change today.
I have been using a 250watt Radium on a PFO HQI ballast and I changed it out to a
standard 250 watt ballast and a XM 20k bulb.
See if a little less light works.

Glad the frag rack worked out for you.

As far as feeding, I really don't feed much. Mostly just water changes and I do dose Reef Plus once or twice a week. Just whenever I think of it. No schedule.

I do water changes every two weeks on schedule.

]
frameredskirt3.jpg
[/URL

The ones in the second picture have been sitting up at Barrier for a while now.
I believe they were there the last time I was up there a month ago.

Here is a shot of several pieces I picked up today.:D

very very nice..are those the eclipse and super eclipse from barrier?
yeah those deepwaters from barrier has been sitting for a while and when i decided to buy it..its gooone:)

Finn, you never told me that you had such a nice zoa and paly collection. Were going to have to do some trading. As for the frag racks I think that I pretty much have everything that I need to get them going. Ill keep you in mind next time though :). Nice corals

Finn, you never told me that you had such a nice zoa and paly collection. Were going to have to do some trading. As for the frag racks I think that I pretty much have everything that I need to get them going. Ill keep you in mind next time though :). Nice corals

Thank-you.:)

If you have any questions on the frag racks, feel free to ask.

Back