My zoos are melting/missing.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

On sunday I bought a frag of Fire n Ice Zoanthids from Blue Sierra. I noticed that the zoos seem to be melting or just go missing. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I have about 10 other zoanthid frags that are doing fine, could something be eating them? I only have one single zoa left of the frag. Any help would be great, Thanks.

did you check for zoo eating nudis?
i'd do a lugol's dip just to make sure dood.
another thing ...did you acclimate them?
where did you put them (bottom/ middle/high)? some zoos don't like to much light

I havent checked for nudis, i did aclimate them, and they are at the bottom of the tank, i will do that dip later on today, thanks for your help

Do nudis like a certain type of zoa because my fire and ice are the only ones affected.

Do nudis like a certain type of zoa because my fire and ice are the only ones affecte

they like any kind ...they start first with one colony and then to the next one until all your zoos in the tank are gone .
also check for snails ...there's also snails that eat zoos.
also try moving them by the shade if they're not already ..just so they keep adjusting to you light which i forgot to ask , what type of lighting are you running?

I moved them into the shade and they did better, thanks for your help, oh and i
have MH 70watts over a 10 gallon and my tank is at 370 ORP(im running ozone)

Back