Nano Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mopar Reefer

I need a cheaper hobby!
I've got a 24 gal nano and am looking for a skimmer so... what's the best skimmer for a nano. Can be a HOB or fit in the back dept, doesnt matter. :confused:

I have used a CPR Bak PAk also and it seems to do the job really well. I would recommend doing the mesh mod with either a MJ900 or MJ 1200 to get it to perform at max potential.

Cheers,
Alex

If you are planning on a heavy bioload or need cleaner water for SPS, any of the skimmers mentioned by skimerwhisperer will outperform a BakPak skimmer.

g

Personally if price is not an option then yes any of those are great, but if you're like most of us and can spend a little less and get a very good performing skimmer then have some money left over to purchase another itme of interest, why not?

Prices are real time, Yes CPR BP2R is 120 at Marine Depot.
Warner Marine H1 229.00
SWC bh-500 229.00
deltec mce 300 248.00
CPR Bak Pak 2R 119.00

Price is pretty much always one of my determining factors when buying equipment. Occasionally you can find a good deal on used skimmers. I tend to spend more money on my skimmers and my lighting, but I do shop around for good deals.

g

Price is pretty much always one of my determining factors when buying equipment. Occasionally you can find a good deal on used skimmers. I tend to spend more money on my skimmers and my lighting, but I do shop around for good deals.

g

Very true. I am always trying to keep the costs down. You wouldn't beleive the rage my spouse is on with yet another tank. *lol* More lights, more equipment. *lol*

Yeah, I gotta be careful about not getting carried away and buying upgrade equipment just because it is available for a good price.

g

nano skimmer

the best by far is a nc24 saphire nano skimmer sold by premium aquatics. i replaced my stock skimmer on my new 28gal hqi jbj system with the new nc28 saphire skimmer. it works so well that i am sorry i did not try it long ago. i will recomend this skimmer to anyone who is serious about there nano tanks water quality. thanks for listening, rod denny.

Picked up a CPR bak-pak skimmer from a local RF member, so far so good going on 2wks! Thanks for all the advice, appreciate it.

did you mod the maxi-jet for more power? (must say like Arnold)

also, recently I have found that if you mesh mod a Quiet One 1200, and use the same venturi from the modded maxi-jet 1200 parts(or build a better one), it will it will outperform a modded maxi-jet by a longshot. more air less water/turbulence in skimmer body. I really do need to make a thread.

Last edited:
thay jujt released a new line of skimmers. i just bought one . check out sapphire nano skimmers.com.

I stand corrected and the new ones look alot nice than the original version I had. Good luck with your skimmer and the pod I had alot of problems with flow with a maxi jet 1200 for the return pump but there is alot on this site about mods to fix that now

Back