nascar in washington state!!!!!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

charlie said:
Hey, you are the guy with all the pull here.:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't think we need a weekly thread, we just did that anyways.
I hope diablo doesn't mind this, he started the thread about supporting the proposed track in WA. state, and it just went from there. I think it is a great thread!!!!!!!! Problem is there are only 3 people involved:(

ahh its only 5 am here:D everyone here is still asleep:eek:

diablo said:
talking about talledaga I thought. hold up need to reread......

ok you talking vegas yes 1.5 miles 20 deg banking is what they are going to do to it. should make the cornering speed about 160-170 instead of the 145 it is now. and pushing 200 down the straights.

scooter was talking about talladega.

OOOOPPPPPPs, my bad. I need more coffee I guess.:D

Scooterman said:
:D I love this racing stuff, We should have a weekly thread::rolleyes:
well gabby had here football one. I was thinking about starting a nascar thread for awile:D :D :D

I didn't mean to rob his thread but we are a small group, I support any NASCAR idea, well most of them, new tracks is always good I want NASCAR to be bigger than football. I just wish the season was a little shorter like it should end in October, It shouldn't cross into football season I like football but hey one can have NASCAR dreams, we just need to convince everyone that it just isn't a bunch of cars going in circles, it is way more than that, it is family, it is a way of live it is .........

Scooterman said:
I didn't mean to rob his thread but we are a small group, I support any NASCAR idea, well most of them, new tracks is always good I want NASCAR to be bigger than football. I just wish the season was a little shorter like it should end in October, It shouldn't cross into football season I like football but hey one can have NASCAR dreams, we just need to convince everyone that it just isn't a bunch of cars going in circles, it is way more than that, it is family, it is a way of live it is .........

You don't know how true that is. I have only been to 2 races in my life, but I have never met so many good people in such a large setting, EVER.

Scooterman said:
You guys have not robbed this thread!!!! This is the point of this thread Information on the sport (way of life we love) The pure passion of it. Great discussion you guys!!!!!!:D

Kids go nuts at these tracks, it is very family at NASCAR!
I can't wait to see Bill Lester race, I'm pulling for a win, this could be even bigger for NASCAR.

Yes two races a weekend just like football, Super Sunday Ever Sunday, it would also condense the long season.

Kids go nuts at these tracks, it is very family at NASCAR!
I can't wait to see Bill Lester race, I'm pulling for a win, this could be even bigger for NASCAR.

Yes two races a weekend just like football, Super Sunday Ever Sunday, it would also condense the long season.

God, I'm in Nascar heaven.:D :D :D :D :D
I need more coffee. Qualifying at 5PM, truck race at 7PM. What a way to start our weekend.

also you could race twice as many tracks, this would allow two races at every track, then you would have a championship playoff like football, east vrs west for the championship!

Hey if anyone is interested I have an extra Dale Earnhardt 1/24th scale Die-Cast I'd let go cheap to a fan here, $35 plus shipping, I'll post the details & pick if someone is interested, it is still in the box with all the papers.

Scooterman said:
Hey if anyone is interested I have an extra Dale Earnhardt 1/24th scale Die-Cast I'd let go cheap to a fan here, $35 plus shipping, I'll post the details & pick if someone is interested, it is still in the box with all the papers.

Sold, I'll shoot you a PM.

Charlie I didn't mean to raise your blood pressure LOL, I bet your heart rushed on that first turn when they hit the green huh. Man I miss it, I wish I could go every race.

charlie said:
Sorry, I didn't see your post #5.
Let's lose the road course races. The only person that would be PO'd would be Robbie Gordon.:D :D :D
NOOOOO!!!!
Lets lose watkins glen, and go to Laguna Seca!!!!
The absolute best race track ever.
Go Mark Martin.

Writeme43- RIGHT ON!!!!!! Laguna seca totally kicks ass! Here is a quicky of my boss in his 92 civic hatch not too long ago. I call this about as close as it comes, he says he could have been slightly more agressive...I know he's just kidding though, Im guessing he had a pucker factor 10.

flying-civic-75.gif

MKS0570.sized.jpg

He is a driving instructor for road raceing, and runs a HWC car, and runs a couple other cars. We have a hell of a time together as professional suspension and tire destroyers who take work very seriously (thank god for his company parts or I would never be able to pay for it. :)

Now, personally, after interning in texas for a while at a place that has done Nascar engines for penskey, junior johnson, and a bunch of other guys I dont remember the names of, I became totally turned off from nascar. It went from, ok, its a boring oval race, but at least its still racing, to, ok, its a totally marketing powered TV show. But hey, if you like the show, thats awsome, watch it, and if it can cause stimulation of the economy, more power to it.

As far as tech goes though, myself and others in the engine design field belive its a fairly large part of the reason that big 3 engine tech is 10years+ behind the rest of the world (except for gimicks, they are possibily leading the world in gimicks). They have worked to polish and refine the 2v pushrod design and carborators to increadible levels because thats the only design nascar and prostock permit in the rules. Unfortunately, this means other companys racing leagues (JGTC, ETC, le-mans...) get to be refineing engine design tech that can largely directly apply towards makeing proper engine designs (4v/cyl) for production cars. This hurts our economy, and you see it with goverment bail-outs for GM, delphi (worlds largest automotive electronics company), and other companys.

As a race lover, I respect all forms of raceing, but for raceing that I personally will choose to watch or support, its gotta turn both ways, require threshold brakeing and have the occasional hairpin, along with elevation changes. Just driving or rideing 180+mph in a straight line is exciteing the first few times you do it, then it gets fairly lame. For example, at SIR, the straight-away (road course uses the drag strip for the straight) is the time when you cool down, rest, try to relax and prepare for the next bit of raceing. The fact that you are reaching high speeds on the straight becomes quickly passe when compaired with the excitement of elevation changes and sharp turns.

Last edited:
Back