Need advise..leaky pipe..how to fix..what to use?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Have an unused valve on the back of my tank(used to be the connection to a spraybar from the previous owner)..the joint has a slow drip..i cannot empty my tank to fix this..what glue or epoxy works in wet condition..any help would be appreciated

Can you glue or thread a PVC end cap onto the open end of the valve? That is about the only long term fix I can think of without a pic.

If its the "uphill" side glue joint then there is no good way to fix it and the water will push on any adhesive you do try to patch it with.

Last edited:
+1 on capping it off, may be on the inside of the tank. Is the valve still under pressure from a pump? A picture would sure help

I tried an underwater epoxy potty and so far the leak stopped..only time will tell if it holds..thanks everybody for your input!unfortunately lowes ran out of that magic tape so I took a chance with the potty..this one can be applied wet and even underwater...

Hey girl! I just got your voice mail... been so busy today trying to get everything ready to move the tank over tomorrow. That sucks about your leak, I am glad you got it fixed for now. Let me know if I can help & I will call you tomorrow at some point when I take a break!

Back