need help with this

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

brady816

Ok im trying to find out what this thing is. Last night when the lights were out in the tank. I turned my hallway light on so i could see to go get a glass of water. As i look down at my tank i look at a piece of live rock. To my amazement i see this little critter in there. To me it looks like a octopus but i know its probable not. it hides in the holes in the live rock with the little tinticales out in the open. Then at night 2 of them come out they are grey with black spots or green spots so if someone would help me out that would be great.

thanks again

brady816

Any chance to get a pic??? I know you said you only see them at night which would make it hard for you to get one, but by the description, I'm not sure what to say it is. I hope you find out soon :)

Are the arms long and slender? Look like they are a frosted color?

Without a pic I do not have a clue. If it is a octopus it will eat everything in your tank.

i have no clue i have had the tank running for about a month now i have 35 pounds of live rock and im seeing all kinds of things coming out of the holes

I don't want sound stupid, but could it be a brittle star by any chance
5 arms, grey with black stripes and dots...Humm. Possible. I am impressed Krish. Pretty good for a girl.:p

5 arms, grey with black stripes and dots...Humm. Possible. I am impressed Krish. Pretty good for a girl.

ROFL!!! Don't put that crap in anyone elses head man:p

Here's a pic of a brittle star I caught

i have been looking at the pics of the brittle star but these guys dont have the spikes on them and it doesnt have the round body as the brittle star im starting to get frustraded

i know the guy at inland aquatics said it wouldnt hurt anything its just the point i would like to know what it is so i can take care of it ya know. thank you all for your help

Back