need input on holes placement in my sump

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

daytonaconnecti

in this pic its a crud drawing of what i have, the red circle is a hole thats already there, my over flow has two 1'' lines comeing from it, the pump iam using is going to be external next to the sump, do i put another ho;e next to the first? and do i put a fitting close to the bottom for the return? View attachment 37737

in this pic its a crud drawing of what i have, the red circle is a hole thats already there, my over flow has two 1'' lines comeing from it, the pump iam using is going to be external next to the sump, do i put another ho;e next to the first? and do i put a fitting close to the bottom for the return? View attachment 37737

Are we looking at a top down view? What I mean is; is the sump on its side in this picture?

place the hole around 1-2 inches of the bottom of the return pump section... anywhere that works for you..you don't want it to close to the surface because it will start to make a vortex and suck air..

place the hole around 1-2 inches of the bottom of the return pump section... anywhere that works for you..you don't want it to close to the surface because it will start to make a vortex and suck air..
what about the other supply line, from the overflow, just next to the one thats already there

Back