Need Smart Person Help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jiddy

Havin trouble with site, need advice:

I cant upload my pictures (brad wants to see my tank in the garage!) because the size is to big, Nikki told me how to make them smaller but since Brad makes me respond to every post at night time i cant find in the millions of replies i have

#2 How do i make it so i dont get a confirmation to email everytime i make a post or somone does to mine, i have so many now, lol

#3 Is there anyway i can look at the gallery pictures and not have to scroll down every time a new pic comes up, this happens becuase the banner is so big, and even does this when i hit the slide show, someone i just like to look at hundreds of pictures and it starts to be a PITA

The only thing I could say is click on "user cp" and edit your options, try everything, I think you can turn off some of those features but you will have to try back and forth with them user options & set-up, that is unless Mike or someone computer savvy chimes in.

Hey do you ever sleep?

Scooter there is no time to sleep with College, Work, My Son (7mo) and this vast new world you call, "reefin" Why do you want to buy a bed? lol

Check out ifranview in Nikkis magic links liberary of doom. It works great. Just go to resize under that program. I usually use 640x640 I think and I have 5 mega pixil camera. It comes out about 70-80k so it fits fine. Steve

start menu accessories and then paint. open the picture the and then stretch it to a smaller size.

Jiddy said:
That makes it a BMP, now how do i change it to GIF or JPG format?

"Save As"
change file type under "Save as Type"

click save

:D
that help?

oooppppssss we were postign at same time :)

For the thread subscription issue there are a couple of different options. First, instead of using the Quick Reply Box, click on Add Reply. Then, after you type your message, scroll down to "Additional Options". Look for "Thread Subscriptions", click on the options below "Notification Options", and select Do not subscribe.

The other option is to go to your User CP, click on "View Subscribed Threads". From there you can select certain threads you wish to change your notification for. Click the little box on the right....scroll down to where it says "Selected Threads", and you can change your notification for the selected threads.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean about the gallery. I'll have to play around with it and see if I can figure it out.

LOL, wrightme/Steve....Nikki's magic library of doom :D

I second the XP power toys. Just go to the microsoft web site and search for it, it is free. It has to be the easiest way to resize pictures, just right click and choose resize.

Back