need some advice on my summer "de-stress" project (its better then drinking)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Are they reef safe then Seth? I didn't know any eels could go into a reef tank.

The Golden Dwarf Eels are considered the reef "Safest" besides maybe a ribbon eel which has a very low success rate. The Golden dwarf is small enough that if you keep it well fed it GENERALLY will not eat it's tank mates.

Thanks Seth. I'm sure with my luck it would eat all my other fish and then my tiny amount of remaining coral. I just got back from vacation- while gone my sister managed to wipe out 90% of my coral stock. I'm thinking I don't need to add anything to tank that might cause more damage although I've always wanted an eel.

Thanks Seth. I'm sure with my luck it would eat all my other fish and then my tiny amount of remaining coral. I just got back from vacation- while gone my sister managed to wipe out 90% of my coral stock. I'm thinking I don't need to add anything to tank that might cause more damage although I've always wanted an eel.

That sucks. Are you going to Seamax? Maybe I can leave a frag at the PSAS booth to get you started again. Also here is a pic to show the size fo the eel in comparison to a mexican snail

2010-03-27221732-3.jpg

Yep I'll be at SeaMax- I'm hoping I can pick up a bunch of stuff there to get going again. Luckily a couple of things made it but I lost 14 full colonies total.

I love that eel! What size tank did you have yours in?

Oh I haven't kept one yet just done a ton of research. There will probably be one going into my new 240 gal cube.

Back