Need some help Is this a Scam???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

DTECH07

M.I.A
I have someone that wants to buy my light system and willing to pay by Paypal but something doesn't seem right.
The persons name is Lucy Long?
email is [email protected]
whats your thought? asking to send someone to pickup the lights since shes at sea but willing to pay by paypal now before receiving the lights (seem to good).

They can do a charge back and screw you over. Its happened before. Why not send the cash with the person picking them up.

Just weeks ago I had someone from Korea that took 8 $20 payments from my account, of course I was able to stop the payments but playing the safe card.

I also received a email from the same...............
Wanting to buy a T5 light I had for sale several months ago.
I replied to the email, pointing out that on the last post of the thread, that the light had been sold.

About 10-15 minutes later I received another email from the same person asking if I had anything for sale. Hmmmm.............

whats your thought? asking to send someone to pickup the lights since shes at sea but willing to pay by paypal now before receiving the lights (seem to good).

I do that occasionaly.
I leave money in paypal, just for coral buys and will often prepay for items, before I show up.

Thanks Mfinn so it was the same email or different email? And this person is saying there out to sea right now which made me think soldier but wants to send some else to pick the lights up after paying to PayPal. One thing for sure is if I decide to do it ill meet them at the local police department.

I think I'd want to meet the person who is sending the email, see a state issued id with a bill matching the addy on the id.

Well I wanted some forum input on this and if this is a good person then we can say so if a scam then we can also say so.

I was contacted by the same person, I placed an ad about 3 months ago, funny a was going to ask about this topic last nite, don't know about you guys something about this all thing is kind of fishy, I will just ignore email

Yes they just responded that their in California still want to buy the lights. I asked for name, state, and city but only got name and state. says that they have someone that is picking up equipment from all over and bringing it to them. Seem like a scam why would you buy older equipment from out f state an have someone deliver it to you either via mail or overnight? seems like a waste of money (but theres a few people who have it like that).

Back