Need some help Is this a Scam???

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I just received one last night. Goes to the wifes e-mail. I told her to ignore it.

Someone IS on the hunt.
Dont do it.

I received the same email from Lucy Long about buying my ReefAngel. I posted that is was sold a while ago in my sale thread, so I'm thinking its probably a scam.

I asked, what are you looking for, and the reply was,

list items available for sale and their final price of the items.

Well I responded to the email saying that I was interested in selling but they were ever here in town and had cash that is be glad to sell them the light system. Their response was "just send me your Paypal account" as a order. Big Scam going on here.

Obviosly sounds like scam, how did they get our email ?

I think it is all with our personal preferences when we sign up here.
The person responds to the ad, by clicking on the " contact seller" link, and it generates a email based on the email we use when we sign up here.

I think it is all with our personal preferences when we sign up here.
The person responds to the ad, by clicking on the " contact seller" link, and it generates a email based on the email we use when we sign up here.

+1 it's the only way possible so I've blocked them from my email. Watch Out Their Watching!

I also received a email from the same...............
Wanting to buy a T5 light I had for sale several months ago.
I replied to the email, pointing out that on the last post of the thread, that the light had been sold.

About 10-15 minutes later I received another email from the same person asking if I had anything for sale. Hmmmm.............

I have also recieved three separate e-mails for this person. The first two seemed like genuine interest in some old threads despite that I had "Sold" on them both. The third e-mail simply asked if I had anything at all for sale and that one seemed like some sort of fishing trip.

I personally dont like getting e-mails in my personal account from Reef Frontiers. I like to know a username instead of an e-mail name. Especially now to find out that Lucy is mass e-mailing us. No way for mods to track this kind of scam.

Yup. B careful homies.
I have paid paypal on something before here on rfs classifieds. Thankfully it was a legit person and shipping worked and such.
Just sayin even a person behind a username dosent mean much.
Lots of scam arts out their and specially now days.
-d

I personally dont like getting e-mails in my personal account from Reef Frontiers. I like to know a username instead of an e-mail name. Especially now to find out that Lucy is mass e-mailing us. No way for mods to track this kind of scam.

Whatever happened to our Reef Frontiers email accounts?

Is it possible that it is a bot generated to do such a thing? I mean i get fake things like this all the time when im selling stuff on craigslist even phone calls with messages stating they can help me sell my stuff.

Is it possible that it is a bot generated to do such a thing? I mean i get fake things like this all the time when im selling stuff on craigslist even phone calls with messages stating they can help me sell my stuff.
as far as what i received it was human not a bot.

Ya I replied to the email that I got last night with price and said that I didn't have a paypal and this morning my email acct started emailing
everyone in my contact list and I ran to my computer jumped on my email (yahoo) and changed the password! It seems to have stopped it!!!
And yes it was the same email addy

Ya I replied to the email that I got last night with price and said that I didn't have a paypal and this morning my email acct started emailing
everyone in my contact list and I ran to my computer jumped on my email (yahoo) and changed the password! It seems to have stopped it!!!
And yes it was the same email addy
Thats why i only check my email with my Apple devices they don't get hacked and i delete all those type of emails from my providers server.

Back