Neptune Aqua controller 2 problems

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

plack

Sea Otter
Sudden changes no reason known!

Well without anything changed except a lightning storm!

(Everything I have is into grond fault circuits and I checked they are working.)

Suddenly in the last few hours, without any reason ,my temp probe/ph /orp all give crazy reading! (neptune aquacontroller 2)

Way different and the probes are clean and kept in the water always.

Ph reads low(3.6) and orp high(505) and does not change if I unplug them!

Temp read like it was disconnected and I tried cleaning the plug in area and the metal connection end of the temp probe. It only went up to 61.6 and stays there it's like 78 in the tank( I put a seperate heater in there for now !

If these happened separately I would guess bad probes---But Not All 3 at once within a few hours!!

The self test says it passed !!

Any Sugestions or ideas?

:)

Paul

Uh oh!! Id try posting this in the Neptune forum on RC to get a far more educated guess.

You had a lighting spike as mentioned then this started so it seems to be related.
Remember a GFCI doesn't protect you from a surge, two different dogs completely, that your not protected at all unless you have it plugged into a surge protector. Also the higher Joules the better! Always put sensitive equipment like that on a surge protector, just like your TV, computer etc.

I had the same thing happen to me with my temp.....power surge for sure. I never found a fix for it, i even tryed using a diff probe with the same results. Well then my cat dunked my controller in skimate a few days later so i bought a new unit...Dam cats.

I asked my contact at neptune systems and they said a power surge would cause this issue and the onboard chipset needs to be flashed (reprogrammed) and that is not for sure it wil fix the issue.

Best to buy a new one or maybe upgrade to the AC Pro III that is for sale in the equipment forums. Great deal $400.00

That is all I know about the sale I am not the seller but I did buy from him and got what I paid for.

Back