New 11.4 Gallon Nano Build planning stages..

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well this project just got put on hold in a serious way. I have always dreamed of a large in-wall tank to replace my current 90 gallon and an awesome deal just came up on a 280 and I pulled the trigger, so tomorrow begins the saga of my new 280 in wall reef. Still trying to get my mind to shift gears from 11 gallon nano to 280 gallon lol...

Stand reinforced and good to go, started working on the plumbing for my nano, am wondering if i am over planning a 11 gallon tank, this is my layout so far....
uhhno.jpg

I think the yellow safty tape on the floor is a bit over kill. Other than that looks like it should give you the stability you will need to run a Nano.

Vertex In-80 Protein Skimmer | eBay
also that 8 watt skyy light is just about worthless for anything other that fish only or maybe fresh water planted...
seriously look at getting/building something different.

and for skimmer get this instead of bubble magus 3.5:
Factory direct sale 65 Gallon Protein Skimmer SCA-301 | eBay

Skimmy and or anyone else that cares to chime in... I was planning on going with the SCA-301 skimmer you recomended and got on EBAY to buy it tonight and came across a used Vertex in-80 for about the same price. Would the Vertex be overkill or if they are priced close to the same should i go with it over the SCA?
Also I have been looking at this Aquastyle Online light kit and read the thread on RC about them, any comments .. oh Malwarebytes doesnt like the aquastyleonline website if you have it installed, you will need to disable in order to view their site.

Back