new 24 aquapod

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

keener1830

lawnmower
Ok so my 10 gal got a little small so I upgraded to a 24 aquapod. Love the tank. skimmer is a sapphire AP24 skimmer and I upgraded the pump to a maxijet 1200 before I even started the tank up. It has been up and running for about 10 days now and the only thing I lost in the tank shift was my perpermint shrimp :(
I will post pics soon sorry computer not working right and won't let my put pics on for some reason.

Did the skimmer come with the setup or did you upgrade to that? How do you like it?

How did you get the water in the back of the tank low enough for the Sapphire skimmer to work?

It looks like I would have to take out 2-3 gallons of water.

How did you get the water in the back of the tank low enough for the Sapphire skimmer to work?

It looks like I would have to take out 2-3 gallons of water.

I'm not sure if the Aquapod is the same, but I'm using a cassette tape case as my surface skimmer in my 24g Nanocube - it raises the water level in the display and lowers the water level in the back. Use the half of a cassette tape case that doesn't hold the tape and place it over your inlet area (& dremel some teeth into the top).

To get the skimmer to work you are suppose to take the pice of plexi that is taped to the paper, it came with the skimmer, and place it in the slot with your other plastics for the overflow. Of course the plexi was not wide enough so I cut a hard piece of plastic to the same height but a little longer width wise and put it in the slot. Now my sump level is have my tank level. You can adjust your sump level by adding or taking out water from the display side. Good luck. I would post pics but my ship is under way right now and won't be home for another month or more.

I cut up a couple credit cards and slid them in the back to lower the sump level (anyone see a problem with the credit cards?) The sump level is now about 1/3rd lower but the skimmer is still not working... I will give it some time.

Back