New and need help.......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Plus another old one I have that has basic infor in is The Marine Aquarium Handbook. Beginner to Breeder. By Martin Moe Jr.

thats the one i have. well worth the read.

skimmer , airstone driven with soda bottles?

The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Bob Fenner is a great book as well.
if you are ever over in Poulsbo on the weekend stop into the Marine Science Center. we now have 2 reef tanks set up and you can take a look at how they are put together.
ask for jon (that's me) and i can show you everything and explain several different methods of keeping a tank. you also get to see and touch some local marine wildlife.
cheers,
jon

In my area (Northern Idaho), my biggest source of help came from other reefers. You may want to check with your local fish store to see if there is a local reef or saltwater fish club. Maybe they will give you the name(s) of other saltwater fish and reef customers. One thing I have found out, most reefers love to help each other out, especially if they are new in the hobby. Unfortunately, once you get your tank up and going there are too many things that come up that may or may not be covered in books. That is why it is good to have a couple of support individuals that can look at your tank or situation and give experienced advise. When starting up a reef tank, the key words are "GO SLOW". Never be in a hurry, take your time and give your tank time.

Back