New Camera, new pix

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

big t

tankless
Hey I was a lucky boy this Xmas!!! I got a new digi cam, here are a few attempts, expect more to follow. These are unedited apart from resize to 640x480.

DSC_0043Small.jpg

DSC_0053Small.jpg

DSC_0047Small.jpg

DSC_0030Small.jpg

DSC_0027Small.jpg

DSC_0009Small.jpg

DSC_0001Small.jpg

Man...That's some really nice and crisp shots you got there Tom! Is that the same camera you told me about that Todd has? Amazing! You can't even see the water! Thanks for sharing Tom...

Hi Tom. If you have time, can you take some photos of the rack with the gemmifera/samoensis/humilis type corals.

Thanks,
Ilham

Well I just got this camera for Xmas, so I have not really mastered it yet or anything. It is a Nikon D50, with a Sigma 28-200 zoom lense w/ some macro capability. It's minimum focus is 18". Unfortunately it is not nearly as sharp as what I want, but hey it was a present, and shurly better then the kit lense. I have been trying different F-stops and shutter speeds and ISO, as well as manual focus and different white balance settings. The custom WB works well on my main tank but looks pretty bad on my frag tank. Luckily I found that the "shade" WB works well for the frag tank w/ the radiums. I have been very impressed with the usibility of the camera, how fast it can fire off pictures and how well it can focus automatically thru the glass.

Elmo here are a few more just for you.

frag2.jpg

frag1.jpg

Charlie come over anytime you want!

Star-fish, ty for the compliment. That urchin loves to pick up 'stuff' and carry it around with him. It usually has a coat of GSP's

i like how your frag tank got set up it looked good before stuff was in it, i never saw your black clown while i was there, is it new?

Way to go Tom. I wish i could just come visit and look at your awsome display of Caral's. I hope that I can have coral's that look half as good one day.

you did it now tom, youve opened up the can of worms. keep the pics coming... We expect to see some of those frags being moved soon, so you have more room of course. :D

Well I had a chance to learn a little about the camera and I took this same shot 20 times, once at every f stop. Here is the one that I felt came out the best. The macro is a crop out of the bottom image.

tenius.jpg

tenius2.jpg

Yeah Tom...I think I need to get that camera when I go to Orlando next month. We are buying a new video camera and digital camera. Those shots are amazing!

Back