• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Era for CFI

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dang....I think "good one" is an understatement....that is a very nice sump.

If you don't mind me asking what did that hit you for? Feel free to PM the price if you don't want to post it.

I will send you a PM tomorrow..I have to find the receipt as this was 4 yrs ago and acrylic was cheaper back then.
:)

ah...good point. Well let me ask like this....do you feel you got a good deal and would you do it again?

With out question or hesitation, I would get another sump or tank from Jason.

Jason's craftmanship is exemplary. The seams are flawless and there has not been (nor do I expect) any bowing of the tank or sump. I am extremely happy and satisfied.

On the flip side, if anything should happen, I know I can call Jason and he will take care of me.

Kirk

Hey Jason

RF Community,

I have some news for everyone about the future of Clear Fabrications, Inc.

First, I should give a little history;

1991-2 Got an algae scrubber job at a local Saltwater Store to learn about the animals, and to get a discount. I would look at the wet/dry filters and said, "For that kind money, I could build that!" And I did.

1995-6 +or- Helped a good friend open his Saltwater Store. Built lots of filters and stuff that is still in operation.

1997 Had the owner of an Acrylic Tank Manufacture offer me a job with him. I worked for said Manufacturer for about 3.5 years. I taught him more than he taught me. He did teach me how to not run a fab shop. Great guy though.

Oct. 2002 Opened my own shop, CFI was born. Started with a few tools, a little skill and high hopes from my life savings. Went "All In!" I built up CFI to a Worldclass Tank builder,Designer and Installer. Sent tanks all over the US as well as Canada, Mexico, and Austraila. Built tanks for all the Aquarium Maintaince Companys, all the Aquarium Shops, and a ton of Reef Aquarists. Thank you, everyone, for all your support, really!

Nov. 2009 Feeling that I need to persue some other intrests, I struck a deal with Matt Krom to take over CFI.

Mar 2010 Matt had to exit the business to take care of some family issues.

May 2010 I just got back from my new shop location. It is in Bellevue, and is a huge place. I now have all the room I could ever need. I am looking to take CFI to not only the next level, but to be a force to be reckoned with on the National level. Wish me luck!

To everyone who has paid deposits to Matt, please let me know so we can get things straitened out. I WILL take care of you!

I now need to move my entire shop from Puyallup to Bellevue. Look for some future posts of pictures of my new digs!

Thanks to everyone for your continued support!
Jason Gregory

"Hey Jason,
This is David Martinez. You helped me and my Wife (Lori) start up our first tank back in 2000/1 while you were working at Salt Water City. You even moved us from Oak Harbor to Everett. It's great to see you still doing what you love. Sorry to hear about your arm, hope it heals quickly. We stopped using the tank in 2005 due to personal issues and a deployment (Navy) but we are going to be getting back into it soon.

Well, hope all is well and take care.

David/Lori Martinez

Dave and Lori,

Good to hear from you guys. I remember clearly your tank move. When you want to fire that bad boy up, let me know. Things have changed a bit in your break. Take care, Jason

Hey Jason,
Well, actually, I am going to be starting again real soon. I am done with my deployments and really miss my tank. I still have the bad boy but it's sitting in the garage, I want to clean it out and sell it, so if you have someone who wants it, let me know, great price, just want to get it off our hands. I am looking at different dimensions and a little bigger, but not too much. I was at Salt Water City yesterday and Andy was going to give us a quote. I am looking at a 45 x 34 x 24, around 160 gallons. It's more square than the one I have. I am also leaning more toward reef, but Lori really loves the colorful fish, so it's going to be a mix. Any suggestions or help is always appreciated. I actually just moved some furniture and equipment from the area that I want to locate it. I have seen some of your latest work, looks awesome, not sure I can afford that set-up.

How is Costco? Heard your still there, always heard they were good to work for. How the family? Well, take care bro.

David

Back