New Frag Toy!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I'm also thinking, since this blade is meant to cut ceramic tile, it should last a LONG time cutting corals...lol.
The stock blade on mine lasted over three years and has seen many many custom showers and baths equalling thousands of tiles. I'd be amazed if you ever have to replace it from old age due to cutting corals. Make sure to rinse it well and dry it after use so it doesnt fall apart from rust and all will be well for a lifetime.

Mike, would it be better to run R/O water thru it instead of tank water, I know its a wet saw and everything but I would be worried about the salt getting into places it shouldnt.

i bet he ran tank water through it while he was cutting and regular after he was done to rinse everything out

So I figured that I should finally chime in and it actually be me....lol. When Michael told me he originally wanted a different saw that he found on Craigslist, I was thinking to myself, what a waste of money!!!! Then we went to Harbor Freight and we found this Wet Tile Saw. I was still thinking, what a waste of money!!! Well, we got it home, Michael got it set up and he was sooooo excited about it. So when I got back from shopping, he wanted me to take some pictures of him chopping up our Echino and the Scroll Coral. So that's exactly what I did and I do have to say that I can take pretty darn good pictures!!! I will say that his Tool was a lot easier, cleaner cut on the corals and much quicker than the Dremel. The Dremel got hot and it took Michael forever to cut one coral. I think we've made a good investment on this Wet Tile Saw!!! Shh, don't tell Michael I thought it was a good idea!!! LOL

Michael,
I like yer ZAGS hat bro! I think that should be your fragging hat.

So like, safety glasses? Your frags look great, nice, clean cuts! The original scroll coral looked great, how long have you guys had that piece?

When you come over next I'd really like a piece of that...lemme know

Greg Patton
artguy1

Since Michael's still snoozing away and I was up early, I'll answer for ya Greg. The scroll we've had for a good year, give or take some. It has really grown a lot since we got it. We'll be sure and put you on the list for some when we come over again and that won't be until July.

Mark me down for one Pleeeze...

Since Michael's still snoozing away and I was up early, I'll answer for ya Greg. The scroll we've had for a good year, give or take some. It has really grown a lot since we got it. We'll be sure and put you on the list for some when we come over again and that won't be until July.

I'm down for that and thanks so much Angie!

Say have you seen my Nano Frag Racks BTW...good for a Nano...

at 4"x2" they work perfectly for small areas, 7/16" holes, myteemouse's plugs fit perfectly in them. Just letting you know...

Greg, I have seen them and I liked them. I liked the bigger ones too. We may have to get some from you when we're over again.

Greg, yeah, I have probably 10 pairs of safety glasses, but couldn't find a single pair. Yes, they should be required for this type of fun...lol. As Angie said, we've had the Scroll Coral for over a year, and in that time, it's doubled in size.

Charlie, I'll save you an Echino frag and mabe we'll be able to come over for your August meeting. If so, I'll definitely bring over the tile saw!! I'm sure we could find something to frag up!!

Jake, the reason I ran Saltwater, instead of RO/DI or fresh water, is because, as the blade cuts, it's bringing water up from the reservoir, onto the coral. I wanted it to be as stress free to the coral as possible. I liked the idea of the cut edge being "bathed" in saltwater. Afterwards, I do rinse and run it with freshwater.

Charlie, I'll save you an Echino frag and mabe we'll be able to come over for your August meeting. If so, I'll definitely bring over the tile saw!! I'm sure we could find something to frag up!!

Oh boy, I'll be looking forward to this. Tim "the tool man" Taylor brings his fragging saw over to the house of E. I hope we start the meeting early that day, I wanna be sitting around the fire telling fragging war stories later that night!!!!!

LMAO well, you might end up driving me to the ER, to have a finger reattached instead!!! I'm sure there's some kind of warning in the owner's manual, that I neglected to read, about operating this piece of gadgetry while consuming alcohol.

If we're unable to make it over, I'll be sure to send it with Kevin!!

I'm down for that and thanks so much Angie!

Say have you seen my Nano Frag Racks BTW...good for a Nano...

at 4"x2" they work perfectly for small areas, 7/16" holes, myteemouse's plugs fit perfectly in them. Just letting you know...

uhh i didn't know you had single ones ? how much are you asking for those? they look pretty neat dood:)

So I figured that I should finally chime in and it actually be me....lol. When Michael told me he originally wanted a different saw that he found on Craigslist, I was thinking to myself, what a waste of money!!!! Then we went to Harbor Freight and we found this Wet Tile Saw. I was still thinking, what a waste of money!!! Well, we got it home, Michael got it set up and he was sooooo excited about it. So when I got back from shopping, he wanted me to take some pictures of him chopping up our Echino and the Scroll Coral. So that's exactly what I did and I do have to say that I can take pretty darn good pictures!!! I will say that his Tool was a lot easier, cleaner cut on the corals and much quicker than the Dremel. The Dremel got hot and it took Michael forever to cut one coral. I think we've made a good investment on this Wet Tile Saw!!! Shh, don't tell Michael I thought it was a good idea!!! LOL

Hey Angie, Dont tell Michael but I have one of these saws in my garage. I used it once for titling my bathroom. I would have given it away because before reading this I never thought I would use it again. lol Thanks for the great idea

If anyone needs to use it please just ask, more then willing to loan it out or take a frag in exchange ...

This will be my next victim.
2935044386_d2f0250140_b.jpg

My Pink Hammer Coral fell on it and went unnoticed for a couple of days. Burned a few polyps of the Favia. Now I'm noticing a couple more polyps are receding, so, it's time to cut it up!! Will try to get pics of the process!!!

Last edited:
Back